Comparison Yanmar lawsuit.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #41  
I wonder if there might be another motive for the suit. Is it possible they don't want to win, but innate was just want to establish court records saying that they denounce the gee Rt market products so that they won't be held liable in the future for any damages caused by such non-compliant products?

xtn

Things are not always as they may seem at first glance. :)

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #42  
If you google Yanmar lawsuit there are families who have sued after a family member was killed using a gray market tractor. Apparently they did not realize it could possibly tip over. It's always someone else who is at fault. Not the person who operated the tractor.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #43  
And did I tell you I really like my 2012 Yanmar Sc2450. Even if it is Yellow/Black like a stinkin bumblebee.:thumbsup::eek:;):D I haven'y rolled it, bent it, broke it, or any other stuff that home owners are prone to do!!!

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #44  
And did I tell you I really like my 2012 Yanmar Sc2450. Even if it is Yellow/Black like a stinkin bumblebee.:thumbsup::eek:;):D I haven'y rolled it, bent it, broke it, or any other stuff that home owners are prone to do!!!

Its still pretty new yet you still have plenty of time to scratch or dent it we all do it eventually! ;)

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #45  
Its still pretty new yet you still have plenty of time to scratch or dent it we all do it eventually! ;)

Crapola, I was mowing the yard with the FEL still on it and tried to tear down a wooden fence (mine) and then the ROPS I tried to rip off some limbs from some trees that I have. Yep, I have been on a vertical learning curve since I got it back in May. But, it's all good. Fortunately I have worked in a heavy machinery environment most of my adult life so some things have been beat into me.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #47  
Maybe kind of? Zen-noh is (you may know this) an ag CO-OP in Japan. They buy huge numbers of tractors and then either sell or lease them to farmers. The tractors have the zen-noh lable where the make would normally be. Every one there knows there not a "zen-noh" brand tractor but from the co-op. These can be Kubota's or yanmars or Isekis, but sinnce yanmar for years was the #1 tractor brand there, may still be? They just had a large amount of yanmars. So when these tractors were bought and sold here the old ones had nothing done to them when they first got here, just rolled out of fields into containers. Thats why many still say zen-noh.

i'm quite familiar with zen noh. I had my yanmar since 97 or so.. the old timers here will remember the lawsuit / issue with yanmar / zen nof.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #48  
Quite frankly I wish I could walk into a local Yanmar dealer now and see my next brand new tractor or find a good 10 year old Yanmar tractor on the lot and be able to trade mine in etc and get parts at a moments notice like JD etc.

There are advantages for manufacturers and folks having US spec tractors and granted it will be awhile but its coming and it will be an interesting race for consumers dollars look at Toyota and Honda. my .002

(and I didn't buy my tractor at the wholesale price like lots of people do which makes these attractive either keep that in mind. I paid what I could have bought a 6 yo 45 hp JD mfwd w/loader for which says I am a Yanmar fan)
The way the dollar is going you have it about right! :D

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #49  
interesting discussion, all 5 pages. One question that doesn't seam to have been addressed yet is how will this impact those of us who own a gray market now. Seams that the parts are all available for whatever parts support we need to keep them running, could that change ?? Would it come down to not being able to legaly sell them when it comes time to upgrade ?? I understand the import issues, and the issues with the sellers, but what might be the impact to those of us now holding one ??
Chris

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #50  
interesting discussion, all 5 pages. One question that doesn't seam to have been addressed yet is how will this impact those of us who own a gray market now. Seams that the parts are all available for whatever parts support we need to keep them running, could that change ?? Would it come down to not being able to legaly sell them when it comes time to upgrade ?? I understand the import issues, and the issues with the sellers, but what might be the impact to those of us now holding one ??
Chris

Yanmar is trying to get ALL of the yanmar grey market tractors out of America. Of course we know that will not happen.

I am a mechanic for a named dealer in the lawsuit. I have seen these tractors come in from VN1, barely safe to start, it usually takes me 10-15hours to make them worthy for sale. Unfortunately, the dealers are getting the short end here. When the first warning letter. Came to my dealership, VN was asked to explain. VN told us not to worry about it. My dealership is dropping the line because of this lawsuit.
VN is reproducing these tractors and selling them as "refurbished". This is not like rebuilding a car, more like bootlegging a movie.