Comparison Yanmar lawsuit.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #1  
Tractor
US Refurb Yanmars
Everyone should take notice that Yanmar Corporation has filed suit against most dealers and some folks acting like dealers that handle Yanmar tractors built for use in Japan but imported into the US and sold here.

The main issue is trademark infringement but the underlying issue is liability.

Yanmar tractors brought here through Vietnam are not fitted with the OSHA required safety equipment and are therefore at the center of this litigation.

Yanmar tractors refurbished in the US and bearing the UTDA certification have the necessary safety equipment and therefore are the better option, by far.

The event that triggered this situation at this time is the introduction of the new tractors now available in the US built by Yanmar and bearing their name. Not to be confused with the ill fated Yanmar/Cub Cadet tractors which are no longer being produced.

This post is submitted based on the facts of the lawsuit and one guy's opinion.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #2  
The gray market is here to stay I expect but companies will try to protect themselves as much as possible naturally.

/ Yanmar lawsuit.
Agreed. This is a massive litigation. Much like the Kubota action years ago that was successful. The difference here is that when the tractors are fitted with the safety equipment and really refurbished to a set of standards the end user has solid protection and the manufacturer's name does not get "sullied".

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #4  
Links to this? It would hold more water to put a source.

Ihope this is not true, hate for the supply of machines to end. Prices will go up yes but i really dont want that. These things are worth what they cost and even with recent price increases you can still find decent deals on the used markets.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #5  
Well I hope it is true. Too many owners want the cheap price and don't support the manufacturer who is forced by law to comply with safety standards only to be circumvented by overseas rubes who flaunt the copyright, patent and safety regulations.

Then of course, they scream bloody murder if the wheels fail, they roll it over and kill their grandchild or burn up the garage with the clone.

There should be a stiff tariff on all of these machines. Period. All you need is one idiot to ruin it for the rest. That's where the regulations come from in the first place. Come on, admit it, who hasn't cut their kids hair with a chainsaw after a few beers? Who hasn't mounted a 50 gallon sprayer on the top of their tractor cab and then crawled out on a 45% grade hill for a joyride? We already know there are a few who use a brush hog to cut the top of a hedge, but how about the name of someone who needs to eliminate all the kill switches, mow in reverse, put gasoline into a diesel tank or drove their tractor into a pond? ATTENTION: new govt regulations pending for helmets and life jackets on all tractors, lawn mowers, and UTVs sold in the U.S. . Could you guess why? BTW: a grandma just let her 11 yo grandson borrow the golf cart. He rolled it and asphyxiated himelf on the roll bar. Now what? Air bags on a golf cart? These are the root causes of all this.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #6  
Come on, admit it, who hasn't cut their kids hair with a chainsaw after a few beers?

I'm confused, isn't that what circular saws are for? :laughing:

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #7  
Will this affect hoye?

Last edited:
   / Yanmar lawsuit. #8  
Hoye does not sell tractors anymore. He only has parts ones. He sells parts its the smae way an auto manufactuer has no control over what advance auto sells. Its after market stuff and the stuff that is OE dosent matter as he dont sell "grey" tractors

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #10  
Was that filed here in Ga. I can't find or heard anything about it ?