Steering woes on a 1301d

/ Steering woes on a 1301d #1  

Anonymous Poster

Please help. I am new to yanmar and just bought a YM1301D tractor that I found on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. When I got ot home and started playing with it, it was hard to steer in reverse but I could do it. It would steer in forward easier. Well today it binded and would not steer at all. I took it apart and found that both upper and lower bearings, screw, screw block, and all the little balls were chewed up. I do not have any manuals and am having a hard time finding parts for it. Can anyone help. Thank You, Bryan. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Steering woes on a 1301d
I have the bearings for your YM1301D steering box on order, but I don't know how long it will be before I get them. The nut ball assy is not available from Yanmar USA, but it may be available in Japan ( not cheap ) I would try to find a dealer that has a YM1301 parts tractor and buy one off it. I don't have a YM1301 at this time. I have parts manuals for the YM1301D if that will help you.
Danny
Parker Equipment Co

I would be interested in the manuals if they are for sale. Thank you, Bryan.

/ Steering woes on a 1301d #4  
Brian,
In the mean time, if you need a specific part of the parts manual, I have a complete copy. I'd be happy to scan a few pages and e-mail or post them. I have a YM1301D and it is a very solid machine - I absolutely love it. I have attached a diagram of the steering box and linkage from the manual.

Attachments

• 277881-steerboxdiag.jpg
    277881-steerboxdiag.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 459
   / Steering woes on a 1301d #5  
Brian,
Here is the parts list to go with the drawing in the post above.

I hope this helps you.

Attachments

• 277882-steerboxlist.jpg
    277882-steerboxlist.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 333
Greg, Thank you very much for the info. I hope this will help me locate the parts I need. Just to let you know, this forum and the pictures of your tractor on your webpage is what made up my mind to go with this tractor. Thanks again, Bryan. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Steering woes on a 1301d #7  
Bryan,
You are welcome. I think you are the only other YM1301D owner I have encountered on this board. I guess maybe I had better be careful about the steering box as it appears that parts may be difficult to get.

/ Steering woes on a 1301d #8  
Bryan,
I see you are from RI. If you plan to use your 1301D for snow removal, you may want to get a block heater to make cold starts easier. I got a block heater for mine from a Yanmar dealer. It installed very easily, and makes the tractor start like its 70deg out even when its really cold. It takes a while to heat, but works very nicely. I'll try to remember to track down the part number for you tonight.

/ Steering woes on a 1301d #9  
Bryan, you can contact ebay. If you look in the fine print they have a some protection,/ insurance, in case people get cheated. brett

Greg, Thank you for the advice for the block heater. Bret, thank you for the advice on Ebay, I will be contacting them. All I want from the guy I bought it from is a phone call or an Email so he can try and help locate the parts. Thanks again, Bryan. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif