YM2200 ignition switch question

/ YM2200 ignition switch question #1  

gatorgrabber

I just completed installing the new clutch/PP (thanks for the advice!) and was looking to deal with a few of the little issues since the tractor's still sitting in my shop. One thing that hasn't worked correctly for the last year is the ignition switch. With it being hit and miss, I finally showed the GF how to 'hot wire' the tractor to get it started. I've checked the wiring integrity all the way back to the switch, so I'm think that's where the problem exists. Question, though...I just noticed that neither the lights or glowplugs seem to be working. Can these also be also effected by a bum switch? I've looked at the wiring diagrams but am uncertain since the YM2200 is the hybrid's hybrid. :D Any advice? Also, should I just go with a factory switch or is there another option that makes since? Thanks again, you folks are great!

/ YM2200 ignition switch question #2  
Not sure about your model.Most tractors the glow plugs are turned on by the ignition switch (both of mine are)so therefore yes it could be the switch.If you traced the wires and tested them at the switch with a test like to see if power is transfering to the connections the should with the switch on and they aren't then yep time to replace it.I always go with a OEM switch from the dealer unless it is outragiosly priced

/ YM2200 ignition switch question #3  
Yes a bad switch will not allow the Thermostart to not work, it completes the circuit. All the wires do it carry current and as long as fused are good adn wires not burned in 2 than the switch is the problem. Replace the switch with a factory model and you will be fine. I would suggest get the correct one from hoye or get one from a JD dealer for a similar tractor. You wont have to guess how to hook it up this way.

/ YM2200 ignition switch question
Thanks for the advice. OEM will be the way I go, hopefully reducing the drama. Cheers!