Yanmar 1500D Green

/ Yanmar 1500D Green #1  

relhogh

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1500d
I need to repair the brakes, no adjustment left.
This baby does not have a convenient cover plate. I must remove the whole axle housing.
Where can I find a write up procedure so as I don't take of to much stuff.
I dont have any idea of what needs to be replaced.

HELP:mad::mad:

/ Yanmar 1500D Green #2  
Relhogh, I don't know that you'll find a write up for that design. It seems Hoye only covers the ones with the cover. Looking at the parts drawings, it seems the question is how the outer bearing is assembled on the axle. It seems by the drawings you may be able to slide the axle cover off with the seal and bearing in the case. You will only need to remove the outer hub to allow the case removal. This is just my observation.

As far as parts. You may be best to wait till its apart to order them. Some on here have had luck swapping around the shoes without replacing anything. It seems only one wears.

/ Yanmar 1500D Green
Thanks for your input. I guess I will have to go into it hoping for the best.
I will have to do it twice (L&R).

/ Yanmar 1500D Green #4  
I give Yanmar great credit on these little tractors for their engineering. This is one case I think they failed. No reason to make brakes that hard to access.

/ Yanmar 1500D Green #5  
I agree Winston. Nothing like burying the brakes inside the housing. I'm thinking since they did that it might be designed to easily remove the housing. Guess we will find out soon enough.

/ Yanmar 1500D Green #6  
Relhogh, be sure to check your axle bearings and seals while you have it apart. Good time to catch any worn parts. If you could take some pictures I'd like to see the green axle setup apart.

/ Yanmar 1500D Green
I appreciate the support. i was hoping someone had done it before. It would make it easier.
The hard part is I have a total hip replacement 2 months ago and can't squat or bend.
Thanks again guys.

/ Yanmar 1500D Green
I got the bolts out of the case but the whole mess ,cover and axle only move out about a quarter inch.
I was able to at least remove and clean the hydo screen.