Are New US Yanmars Coming?

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming? #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I keep hearing that Yanmar is going to get back into the compact tractor market here in the US under their own name.
Has anyone actually seen brand new models at a Yanmar dealership?
If there's one around Denver, I've missed it.
rScotty

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming? #2  
yup there are two dealers in Colorado.

Overland Tractor & Supply, LLC
12823 County Rd 24
Fort Lupton, CO 80621

Ron's Equipment Co, Inc
906 North Hwy 287
Fort Collins, CO 80524

Yanmar Tractors

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming? #3  
I'm sure yanmar knows what their doing alright,but if it were my company to run I think I would have changed the color scheme to distance myself from the last incarnation of cub/yanmar,Maybe even old schooled it with some grey and red.
Brian

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming?
rhett wrote:...... there are two dealers in Colorado.
Overland Tractor & Supply, in Fort Lupton & Ron's Equipment Co of Ft. Collins....

That makes sense. I don't know those shops as well as some others in the area, but I have stopped by. These are well-established, well-known dealers. They've both been at their locations for decades now.
rScotty

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming?
I'm sure yanmar knows what their doing alright,but if it were my company to run I think I would have changed the color scheme to distance myself from the last incarnation of cub/yanmar,Maybe even old schooled it with some grey and red.
Brian

I agree about the colors, but not so sure I agree that Yanmar knows what they are doing in the marketplace. Their marketing department has a rough history. In their first attempt at entering the US market they squandered their huge technological and financial lead and gained nothing.

Next came the gray market. And if that market showed anything, it was that the demand for Yanmars continued to be strong even while the parent company was actively trying to disown and distance themselves from their own product.

Now instead of learning from all that experience here they are trying to do the same thing to themselves again.

The color scheme is the perfect example. With their new colors, Yanmar has cleverly managed to separate themselves from the customer support that they spent decades creating around their grey and red tractors.

Whatever game they're playing, it's too deep for me....
rScotty

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming? #6  
Yanmar USA is alive and well and has been right along. Check their site Yanmar Tractors and read their news page for some of the things that are in the works. :)

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming? #7  
...distance themselves from their own product
...With their new colors, Yanmar has cleverly managed to separate themselves from the customer support that they spent decades creating around their grey and red tractors.

Whatever game they're playing, it's too deep for me....
rScotty
I share your concerns.

And so far I don't see much of a presence here in Northern California. Their dealer locator shows a lawnmower shop (the type that supports commercial lawn care companies) that is too small to have its own website. This is hardly the equal of the old 70's Yanmar dealer here who was the dominant Deere dealer in the region. The next nearer dealers are in Southern Oregon (a days drive one way) and Sonora, a backwater small town, a half day's drive from here up winding mountainous roads, remote from California's huge agribusiness regions. Using Los Angeles to search from, these plus one in Utah are still the nearest dealers so apparently none at all in the Southwest. They really are starting fom nothing. Then to go with Cub Cadet colors ...

I see hydrostatic listed on their website. Does anybody know if Powershift is in the modern models?

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming? #8  
There's a dealer here in W.MA. I stopped and looked, but my 276D suits my needs just fine. Don't want to flog a new machine thru the woods.

/ Are New US Yanmars Coming? #9  
There are 3 dealers near me in NC. The Yanmar website seems more sales oriented than displaying features ...the site did not wow me as i am sure the tractors would, something just seemed to be missing IMHO