Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Default Re: Yanmar and V-Tek Help

Quote Originally Posted by 90cummins View Post
    I would check the return line for excessive back pressure. The return line may be restricted or too small.

He is plumbed in series. No return except the 3 pt relief
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    International Harvester 284, Yanmar 1401D, Yanmar 240

The trouble may be excessive pressure developing from the rear lift. When the rear lift valve is activated, the loader valve isn't in use, so is open. But I think that when the rear lift leaks down excessively, it is, in effect, in near-constant activation to maintain the position. I think this pressurizes the outlet of the loader valve, and hinders its operation, since the "out" of the loader valve is having to push against the pressure required to maintain the rear lift. I also suspect this is what is blowing seals, because most of the loader valves aren't designed for pressure in that manner.

I don't have a developed theory about why using the rear lift doesn't rupture seals in the loader valve the loader is not being operated. A quick test to see if my suspicions are true would be to lower the rear implement down the ground, and experiment with the loader and bucket. I predict it will work much more quickly and with more strength, than with the rear implement lifted.

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

If at all possible Id plumb it with a power beyond rather than the in series I can almost promise it will work better that's the way it is on all other equipment. The rebuilders are taking a short cut here and they are not doing us any favors other than mounting a loader. my .002

I always suspected my 3pt causing back pressure or restricting the return and slowing my loader down now I can guarantee it was now I redid the plumbing to include PB.

Cant say how the 3pt affected the loader being up down or indifferent I never considered that aspect, to me it shouldn't have mattered it never did with any other equipment I operated I sure didn't want a tractor I had to worry about that anyway. I was not looking for it some guys say theirs worked different depending on the 3pt position I dont know on mine.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Tractor
    Yanmar 2210D

When i bought the new joystick assembly. It came with different O-Rings. They are white, look like teflon to me. They are hard, not rubber. Now it seems to want to leak from the nozzles on the joystick assebly. To me that means there is too much pressure.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

What nozzles do you mean, and where do the O-rings go?

Tractor
    Yanmar 2210D

No not where the o rings go. Where the fittings on the hoses connect too.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Is it possible that you have different specification fittings on the hoses vs the valve? You may be leaking because the fittings aren't properly matched.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

I've stayed out as long as I can. Are you talking about quick connects like this? Pioneer 3/8 in. ISO B Interchange Coupler, kubota/John Deere Tractors - Tractor Supply Online Store May not want to answer but wondering just where you are at? I live in the Gilmer area.

Tractor
    Yanmar 2210D

No there are threded fittings. I am in the Lake Jackson/Angleton area. This problem is killing me. It is real slow when i pick the bucket up and if i have a load, i would say a 100lbs it acts like it is in a bind. Then i start leaking fluid if i keep working the nucket.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Well shucks, I was hoping you were close by. I would love to see your setup. We are about 270 miles apart. Any chance you could take some pictures of your setup. I feel like we could give better advice if we could see just what you have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast