Cross Ref for 180D Hydraulic Filter; Hydraulic Pulse in the 3 pt hitch

/ Cross Ref for 180D Hydraulic Filter; Hydraulic Pulse in the 3 pt hitch #1  

BC Dave

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM180D
afternoon Yami friends :D

Its been a while ...

I have a 2 part question one to cross ref hydraulic filters and one on pulsing 3 pt hitch; 5 mm evey 20 seconds at idle.

Im just looking to relace a hydraulic filter and may have a time locating one on short notice; heres Hyd Filter numbers I'v collected so far. Anyhting unique to the OEM Hyd Filters?:confused:
Old YM Number YMPN# 194464-48310 - M
Yanmar #: 40538 (Replaces: 194464-48310)
CAPA 140VL-35 or CP 145-35
Perkins 2854403; Purex PF-P-284

Any thoughts on why the hydraulic pump is pulsing; the Hyd/trans fluid looks clear and clean; is there a way to check the hydraulic pump asides from a pressure test? (cause I dont have a 2000 psi gauge at the moment).

Cheers BC Dave

/ Cross Ref for 180D Hydraulic Filter; Hydraulic Pulse in the 3 pt hitch #2  
Wix 51525. Are you sure the pump is pulsing and not just the 3 point leaking down and lift doing its duty in picking it back up. Raise it up, close the stop valve and see if it goes down pretty quick.

/ Cross Ref for 180D Hydraulic Filter; Hydraulic Pulse in the 3 pt hitch
Wix 51525. Are you sure the pump is pulsing and not just the 3 point leaking down and lift doing its duty in picking it back up. Raise it up, close the stop valve and see if it goes down pretty quick.

Ooooh! its supposed to leak down? ... then up again ... I'll try closing the hydraulic stop valve (the one under the seat righ?) and see what happens; but shouldnt that just close the hydraulics form the pump? I'll try next week when Im with the tractor.

/ Cross Ref for 180D Hydraulic Filter; Hydraulic Pulse in the 3 pt hitch #4  
No, it is not suppose to leak up and down but if your piston o-ring is leaking the lift will keep raising it up to your setting.

/ Cross Ref for 180D Hydraulic Filter; Hydraulic Pulse in the 3 pt hitch
ok ... but; wheres the piston O ring?

/ Cross Ref for 180D Hydraulic Filter; Hydraulic Pulse in the 3 pt hitch #6  
ok ... but; wheres the piston O ring?
On the piston :D ........ under the seat.

Look at the parts diagram on Hoye's website. I've read that these are pretty simple to replace but I haven't done one myself. Maybe order the gasket for the differential top cover, too.