Correct Regulator Crossover part???

/ Correct Regulator Crossover part??? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I need a new voltage regulator/limiter for my YM 186D. I do not have the Yanmar part number. On the Yanmar part, the manufacturer's information is "12V Type Regulator, RS 51013J5, Kokusan Denki, Japan". I found a John Deere regulator that also has six wires leading into a plastic connector and looks similar and will fit the preexisting screw holes in the firewall. The JD part number is, "1-AM126304". IS THIS A SATISFACTORY SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ORIGINAL YANMAR PART? I am hesitant to purchase and install it until I know for sure. I do not want to damage the alternator? The JD part is less than half the cost of the Yanmar part! Thank you for your input.

Marc
markeyismarc@aol.com

/ Correct Regulator Crossover part???
Machi I suspect that it would work. but, If you could get a look at the John deere Book and check the wire color codes and the alternater terminals they go to It would be a good thing. 12 Volts is 12 volts whether it Japanese or American I have a scematic for my F 20 D and also for a couple of other yanmars They are all the same. If it has a special shape connector and it will fit both regulators thats a very good sign. I am going to check some othe info I have and I will get back to you this evening
Ralph

/ Correct Regulator Crossover part??? #3  
I used a regulator for a 750 JD and it worked perfectly on a YM1601. Now the question is does the YM1601 and a 186D use the same part?
Rich

I could not find anything that would help you.. Sorry.
Ralph

/ Correct Regulator Crossover part??? #5  
The 1601 and 1510 have the same regulator. The replacement regulator for the 1510 (similar to 186) has a different connector then the original, and it comes with an adaptor. It also replaces both the original regulator and the small black gadget mounted next to it.

/ Correct Regulator Crossover part??? #6  
That black gadget is the holding relay to keep the light on the dash from coming on. The last two YM16xx tractors I had to fix had a bad relay not limiter. The part number for it comes up as something different but when it comes it is the correct relay. OH !! It is much cheaper than a whole new limiter.

/ Correct Regulator Crossover part??? #7  
my local auto-electic shop tested my alternator and regulator when I was having charging troubles on my 2210d. They sold me a soild-state regulator and said it was the same as the old Datsuns..... Cost less than $20, and works great ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My YM 186D does not have that "black gadget (holding relay)" that you mentioned. The only part that is attached to the firewall is the limiter.

Marc

hat ever you end up using The alternator and the regulator bothe should have all the terminals marked A=armature, F = field . E+ earth or ground. As long as you get them connected correctly it should be Ok . Actually The book shows that they are marked as A, F, N, and E. Just make sure these wires run between the altenato and Regulatoras tey are marked. The wires should be color coded so it should not be hard. The main thing is be sure that the regulator is for something with a negative ground. The Datsun mentioned above is negative ground
Ralph
Ralph