Oil & Fuel Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #11  
Your really over my head here. Only place I have ever heard of diesel getting in the crankcase is the injector pump being bad. I am talking of the old Yanmars like yours without a priming pump. I'll sure be interested to hear the conclusion of your problem.

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #12  
If your rings are bad and your still getting combustion I don't think there is enough fuel present to increase the oil level any noticeable amount.

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #13  
Any updates on your progress here??

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation
None, I am bummed over the whole deal so I haven't installed the new injectors yet. Is it possible to run the tractor with the inspection plate off the side of the engine to see if maybe the new injector pump leaks?

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #15  
Not sure what turbulance you would get with the plate off. I don't see what it would hurt as long as your not blowing all your oil out. Not sure you will be able to see the pump leaking if it is. Sure doesn't seem likely a new pump would be leaking but I guess anything is possible.

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation
I agree, I sure hope that a new pump wouldn't be leaking but am at a loss as to what else it could be... There isn't a big secret to installing the new pump is there? I simply unbolted the old one and removed the governer linkage, then put the new back in in reverse order. Was there something else I should have done?

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #17  
The timing is set with the amount of shims under the pump. With a new pump I would think timing might need to be checked. Your timing is to be 22 degrees before top dead center. You will have a mark on the crankshaft at 22 degrees. You remove the fuel line at #1 injector and roll the engine "slowly" by hand. When fuel begins to come out immediately stop and check timing mark. More shims advances timing, less shims retards. .004" shim on a 226 changes timing 1 degree. I do not have a 240 manual so I don't have your exact procedure. Maybe someone will chime in that does have it.

Don't think timing has anything to do with your fuel in the crankcase.

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #18  
You might pull the pump and take it to a local injector pump rebuilder to test for you. I can''t imagine any explanation for diesel in the crankcase aside from leaking pump seals.