Oil & Fuel Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #1  

brads522

Tractor
Yanmar YM240D
Hi all,

Thanks for all the helpful tips on my hydraulic issues in prior post! I have bought a new fuel injector pump for my tractor, thought it was a simple unbolt and slip out job. (WRONG). Does anyone have a step by step removal/installation guide and or some tips. I have the old pump unbolted and the can pull it about an inch out of the side of the engine and can see where the (cable i guess) attaches to the the fuel control lever but it doesn't come far enough out to disconnect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #2  
You have to remove the cover above the pump to undo some governor linkage. Be careful so as not to damage this linkage. I am sending you a pm.

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation
Great, thank you for the help. I sure hope I haven't already caused any more problems for myself by trying to pull the injector pump out...

Hello everybody,

Replaced the injector pump, was told that would be the only way that diesel could be getting into my engine oil. Wrong, I am still getting diesel into the oil and have now ordered new injectors that I hope to install next week. What else could it be, does anyone have any ideas?

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #5  
Strange occurance. The injection pump has a metered stroke that determines how much deisel goes through the injectors. Almost seems to me you should have a cylinder not firing. I can't imagine any other reason you could flood a cylinder with diesel. Does your engine run smoothly?

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #6  
return lines plumbed into the block? not sure?

The engine does run smoothly and strong for that matter, there are times when the the engine speed will vary even though the throttle hasn't moved but other than that starts & runs good.

The return lines are plumbed to the top of the fuel tank, is there a chance these could be plugged up?

/ Yanmar YM240D Injector Pump Removal and Installation #9  
The return lines are plumbed to the top of the fuel tank, is there a chance these could be plugged up?

Highly unlikely. Fuel leaves the injectors in the 3000psi range so if one is leaking by I don't think the little return line will hold it.

I have ordered new injectors and plan to install them later this week. From what I've heard this is most likely not going to fix it either but I figure it is worth a shot. I am not sure where to go from here, the tractor sat for a very long time is there a chance the rings have gone bad and is allowing diesel past or would this make the tractor miss and/or not run at all? I sure hope not, I don't have the time or $$ for something like that at this juncture...