Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Default Re: Tractor Wheel Weights

Quote Originally Posted by urbaneagrarian View Post
    Check out Lugghandles. He has quite a few systems that are somewhat universal. Really nice product and nice guy too.
    lugghandles.com
    WHAT Is this spam?? what are lughandles, and why did you reply to this thread????
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Tractor
    1026R

Thanks for the link. i had been thinking on making some of these awhile back.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

I was not going to click on any link from a new poster, in a thread about wheel weights, that the item is called "lug handles" you see my concern I guess? Got a virus at work awhile back and could not do anything for over a week!! House computer has had several and been down for days each time. NO I did not get them from TBN but I sure am hesitant.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    John Deere 3010, Ford 1910, Cub Loboy 154, 184

Hi: Just wanted to put my two cents in. I'm the owner of lugghandles.com. I promise it's a safe site. It's only a month old so there's not a lot out there about it yet. Been posting them on ebay for a couple years now as "Universal" Wheel Weight Adapters and coming up with new models all the time - Amazing how many different ways manufacturers can thwart your attempts to standardize anything so you have to buy their brand LOL. I have 27 (I think) Farm tractors, Compact tractors, Garden Tractors, and a Husqvarna Zero Turn - and my weight adapters on most of them. Hope this helps. Mike G.

Tractor
    1026R

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrubb47122 View Post
    Hi: Just wanted to put my two cents in. I'm the owner of lugghandles.com. I promise it's a safe site. It's only a month old so there's not a lot out there about it yet. Been posting them on ebay for a couple years now as "Universal" Wheel Weight Adapters and coming up with new models all the time - Amazing how many different ways manufacturers can thwart your attempts to standardize anything so you have to buy their brand LOL. I have 27 (I think) Farm tractors, Compact tractors, Garden Tractors, and a Husqvarna Zero Turn - and my weight adapters on most of them. Hope this helps. Mike G.
    Do you make a model that fits the JD1026R?

Tractor
    John Deere 3010, Ford 1910, Cub Loboy 154, 184

(I assume you are asking about the rear wheels? Mine work best for Garden and compact tractors. If your rear wheels have 3 or 4 holes for attaching weights, I have a set that will fit. I have heard of people hanging 4-50 pound weights on each side of them, but I haven't found their breaking point yet. It is a 1" thick solid steel rod though. The other alternative is the rod-through-the-3-point-hitch solution. Hang a row of 25s or 50's on a steel rod across the 3 point lift arms. For sure, put a chain through the center and hook it to your top link mount so you're not carrying all that weight on your lift cylinders. Fastest way I know to damage a 3 point lift is to carry a thousand pound implement around on the hydraulic components forever. I use a cable on each end of mine for support to minimize the left-right swinging action too. It's got several advantages: 1: You can lift it above your drawbar and continue to pull your trailer with it. 2: You can dismount it simply by lowering it to the ground and it will roll around easily - no lifting! 3: It's several feet shorter than a grader blade or bush hog - the two most common things I see being used for rear end ballast. 4:Go on Craigslist I'll be you can get the weights cheap or even free. Can't say the same for a used mower. 5: Well, you can get a weight bench and get some excercise in between uses LOL!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Welcome aboard Mgrubb 47122. Looks like you are a entrepreneur!

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    I was not going to click on any link from a new poster, in a thread about wheel weights, that the item is called "lug handles" you see my concern I guess? Got a virus at work awhile back and could not do anything for over a week!! House computer has had several and been down for days each time. NO I did not get them from TBN but I sure am hesitant.
    I understand your concern.......hopefully you have a good anti-virus program running???
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

I'm addicted to placebos. I'd give them up, but it wouldn't make any difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123