Ballast Tractor Wheel Weights

/ Tractor Wheel Weights #21  
Check out Lugghandles. He has quite a few systems that are somewhat universal. Really nice product and nice guy too.
lugghandles.com

WHAT Is this spam?? what are lughandles, and why did you reply to this thread????

/ Tractor Wheel Weights #23  
Thanks for the link. i had been thinking on making some of these awhile back.

/ Tractor Wheel Weights #24  
I was not going to click on any link from a new poster, in a thread about wheel weights, that the item is called "lug handles" you see my concern I guess? Got a virus at work awhile back and could not do anything for over a week!! House computer has had several and been down for days each time. NO I did not get them from TBN but I sure am hesitant.

/ Tractor Wheel Weights #25  
Hi: Just wanted to put my two cents in. I'm the owner of lugghandles.com. I promise it's a safe site. It's only a month old so there's not a lot out there about it yet. Been posting them on ebay for a couple years now as "Universal" Wheel Weight Adapters and coming up with new models all the time - Amazing how many different ways manufacturers can thwart your attempts to standardize anything so you have to buy their brand LOL. I have 27 (I think) Farm tractors, Compact tractors, Garden Tractors, and a Husqvarna Zero Turn - and my weight adapters on most of them. Hope this helps. Mike G.

/ Tractor Wheel Weights #26  
Hi: Just wanted to put my two cents in. I'm the owner of lugghandles.com. I promise it's a safe site. It's only a month old so there's not a lot out there about it yet. Been posting them on ebay for a couple years now as "Universal" Wheel Weight Adapters and coming up with new models all the time - Amazing how many different ways manufacturers can thwart your attempts to standardize anything so you have to buy their brand LOL. I have 27 (I think) Farm tractors, Compact tractors, Garden Tractors, and a Husqvarna Zero Turn - and my weight adapters on most of them. Hope this helps. Mike G.

Do you make a model that fits the JD1026R?

/ Tractor Wheel Weights #27  
(I assume you are asking about the rear wheels? Mine work best for Garden and compact tractors. If your rear wheels have 3 or 4 holes for attaching weights, I have a set that will fit. I have heard of people hanging 4-50 pound weights on each side of them, but I haven't found their breaking point yet. It is a 1" thick solid steel rod though. The other alternative is the rod-through-the-3-point-hitch solution. Hang a row of 25s or 50's on a steel rod across the 3 point lift arms. For sure, put a chain through the center and hook it to your top link mount so you're not carrying all that weight on your lift cylinders. Fastest way I know to damage a 3 point lift is to carry a thousand pound implement around on the hydraulic components forever. I use a cable on each end of mine for support to minimize the left-right swinging action too. It's got several advantages: 1: You can lift it above your drawbar and continue to pull your trailer with it. 2: You can dismount it simply by lowering it to the ground and it will roll around easily - no lifting! 3: It's several feet shorter than a grader blade or bush hog - the two most common things I see being used for rear end ballast. 4:Go on Craigslist I'll be you can get the weights cheap or even free. Can't say the same for a used mower. 5: Well, you can get a weight bench and get some excercise in between uses LOL!

/ Tractor Wheel Weights #28  
Welcome aboard Mgrubb 47122. Looks like you are a entrepreneur! :thumbsup:

/ Tractor Wheel Weights #29  
I was not going to click on any link from a new poster, in a thread about wheel weights, that the item is called "lug handles" you see my concern I guess? Got a virus at work awhile back and could not do anything for over a week!! House computer has had several and been down for days each time. NO I did not get them from TBN but I sure am hesitant.

I understand your concern.......hopefully you have a good anti-virus program running???