idiot light

/ idiot light #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a YM1601D that has 6 "idiot lights" in addition to the guages! They are arranged in 2 rows of 3. The one in the lower left seems to have a picture of a radiator with a line drawn through it to indicate coolant level. It has started coming on & flashing all the time I use the tractor. There is plenty of coolant & in fact this tractor has a temp. guage that never goes into the hot range. I bought a manual for a YM220 but the lights & guages do not correspond. Does anyone know for sure what this light is supposed to indicate? (or have any other suggestions as to what the problem might be?)

/ idiot light #2  
JHR.
Have you checked the water overflow bottle for your antifreeze ?
If its low, it will make the light blink on & off all the time.
It has a fill sensor on the bottom of it.
Tractor Ernie

/ idiot light
Tractor Ernie is right on. My F 20 D was the same way when I got it except mine was on all the time. As I loked at the idiot light it looked like a sake barrel and it had a line through it. As I looke at it I said it looks like its trying to tell you that you are running out of sake. Then it poped into my mind . Hell its low on liquid. I filled the reserve jug to about 2/3 with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water and it went out..
Mine also had a battery light on I measured the battery voltage with the tractor not running and it was 12 .4 or something like that. I started the tractor and checked it and it 14.8. Thats satisfactory but the light was still on. I put it on my list of things to check. Later while driving it I stepped down on the throttle and it went out. The alternator is putting out enough to keep the battery up at idle but not enough to put the light out. At about 2000 RPM it goes out. There my be some corrosion in the light circuit but there is nothing wrong with the alternator or voltage regulator /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Ralph

/ idiot light
"Nobody knows everything, each of us knows something, All together we know it all".

This is why I love the internet and this forum!!!

/ idiot light
It just means you are low on sake--or is that beer.

/ idiot light
SURE ENOUGH, THAT'S ALL IT WAS! I PUT SOME COOLANT IN THE OVERFLOW TANK & THE LIGHT IS OUT. THANKS ALL! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ idiot light
When all else fails, read the instructions.....except now they are in Japanese. I guess this forum is the instruction set.

/ idiot light
It sure helps. There are some mighty fine people on here and they are also pretty knowledgable on these Yanmars.
Ralph

/ idiot light
Well I figured that coolant to a tractor would be about equivilent to sake for a Japanese farmer. I spent some time in Japan and most of those farmers join in a barrel of sake with out much coaxing. Besides that they like to have a little of it served hot in the morning before going out in the cold and again in the evening when they come in from the field. Most dont drink to excess but the do drink some sake or Umechu (plum wine) regularly.
Ralph