Yanmar ym2000 transmission

/ Yanmar ym2000 transmission #1  

Stang9

Tractor
1977 yanmar ym2000
How do you remove the countershaft and gear assembly from the 1977 yanmar ym2000 transmission any help will be greatly appreciated stang9

/ Yanmar ym2000 transmission #2  
You have had 47 views and no response so I will open my big mouth. Short answer is "I don't know". You probably need a manual for this one. Just looking at the parts drawings on the 2000 would indicate to me the pto assembly and brake shafts would have to be removed. Not only that but to access the nut on the far end of the counter shaft it looks like the tractor would have to be split. If this doesn't do anything else maybe it will stir up some response. If you march forward with this we would sure appreciate pictures. :licking:

/ Yanmar ym2000 transmission
Dear Winston I have the case apart got the front nut off but was wondering if I had to remove the axle assemblies to get to the pinion shaft I've got the spline part out but the shaft won't clear to remove the gears I've just got to slide it back enough to replace the high low gear , I have a manual but it's not real clear , I hope I'm making sense getting old I appreciate the input , from stang9

/ Yanmar ym2000 transmission #4  
Have you tried the good folks at Hoye and their Tech support?

/ Yanmar ym2000 transmission #5  
Dear Winston I have the case apart got the front nut off but was wondering if I had to remove the axle assemblies to get to the pinion shaft I've got the spline part out but the shaft won't clear to remove the gears I've just got to slide it back enough to replace the high low gear , I have a manual but it's not real clear , I hope I'm making sense getting old I appreciate the input , from stang9

Sometimes a stupid idea from someone can trigger another thought with someone. So take my stupid ideas just for pondering. I am getting old too. Have you got the bevel gear out of the way? (#51 Hoyes parts drawing) Are you unable to see what is holding it from moving out?