YMG2000

/ YMG2000 #11  
Did you happen to get the engine model number? Does it have power steering? I ask because I have never encountered anyone with a 3t80u-nap engine. Only 3t80u-na. Mine has power steering. Just doing a little investigating. Did you happen to notice whether it had wet or dry brakes?

/ YMG2000
"Did you happen to get the engine model number?"

I bought the tractor yesterday and it will be delivered this morning. I will check the engine model then.

I have been looking for a while and this is by far the nicest Yanmar I have seen for the money. I'm looking forward to getting it here, I have lots of work waiting for it with our new place. It's not my first tractor, but it will be my first Yanmar. I am going to buy the ROPS kit for it. I have some fairly steep property here and I think it will be worth it.

/ YMG2000 #13  
Congradulations! Hoping for some pictures of it. Steep property and ROPS sounds like a good combination.

/ YMG2000 #14  
My tractor doesn't have a "D" either in the decal either.

I think its probably just a supply and demand thing I once thought about having one made but figured I would get sued the way things are going so I will keep it to myself when I do get around to it if ever...:laughing:

Oh yeah welcome to the Yanmar forum! :thumbsup:

/ YMG2000
"Did you happen to get the engine model number?"

This tractor's engine is a 3T80U-SA.

I used the tractor to move some dirt and rocks today and I am impressed. It's amazing how much this little tractor will move. So far, I have not found anything on it that does not work. The lights, turn signals, fuel, and temp gauges all work. This little tractor seems to have been taken care of. I've only been a Yanmar owner for one day, but I like it.

/ YMG2000 #16  
Hope you enjoy your new (to you) yanmar :thumbsup:

/ YMG2000 #17  
Wet or dry brakes? Power steering? Nosy, aren't I? Curious as I can be what the difference in our suffix letters of SA and NAP. Doubt I'll ever find the answer. Sounds like you got a good one. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

/ YMG2000
"Wet or dry brakes?" Not sure. It has better brakes than any of my previous tractors, but that's all I know. I don't know how to tell the difference.

"Power steering?" No

I have owned several tractors, both high and low hours. I don't think it has been "re-conditioned" because all the labels and decals are in Japanese. I would be surprised if the people who recondition them had access to replacement Yanmar factory labels in Japanese. It does have the wear and tear I would expect of a tractor that had been used for years, but well maintained and kept out of the weather.

Whatever it's history, I am well pleased with it. I think I got it at a very fair price, and it should last me for a long time. Tomorrow I am going to order an operator's manual and a parts manual, along with an over-running clutch and an $800 ROPS system. I plan to keep it for a long time.

Last edited:
   / YMG2000 #19  
I know it doesn't really make any difference to you but I am just trying to improve my vast base of knowledge. :D If it has wet brakes it would look like this picture where the brake rod goes into the brake housing at the black boot . If it has drum brakes it would look like this parts drawing of a 2000. That is, the brake rod would hook on a lever (#9) on the side of the brake drum. Yanmar Tractor Parts: BRAKES I hope I am not to much out of line here with your thread. You have have a little bit of a unique tractor in the ymg2000 and I just enjoy learning more about it. :licking:

Attachments

• 100_2454.JPG
    100_2454.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 139
   / YMG2000 #20  
Yeah it sure sounds like he got a nice one and being a 3 cyl 4wd 2000 that is unusual! It will last a lifetime especially if he treats it as good as the previous owner(s) did.