Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Yanmar YMG 2000D

Default Re: YMG2000

Winston1, it has dry brakes, and I welcome any comments or questions about it. I ordered manuals, filters, and a ROPS for it today. I couldn't get a service manual, but I got an owner's manual, (in English) and a parts manual. (in Japanese) I'm not going to do too much more with it until I get the ROPS on it. The back part of my place here is pretty hilly.

Now I just have to learn Japanese before the parts manual gets here!
    Last edited by tw541; 10-12-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Tractor
    YM 2020

You can use Japanese translation software that is free, just cut and paste and you should be good. Very nice find by the way.
    Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Saw u already ordered the ROPs but i was going to mention there is a chineese one thsat i think is availiable from some dealers and ebay. no its not certified blah blah. but most old tractors that have ROPs on them arent either. its just some plate and pipe a guy welded up to keep from beiing crushed. I also think , in my opinion, is the YMG2000, was prolly a throwback or anniversary tractor. sort of like the NH boomer was for the old ford N tractors. I think becuase it was such a successful and good tractor, yanmar in latter years built on thabt and went back to the 2000 # and put an extra letter in there and made like an anniversary or special edition line. Cause when u think about it the YM2000B is newer than the YM2000 also with the 3cyl engine. they had gone at that point to those 2001 and 2002 #s by that point. and prolly in the 80s were making lots of powershifts as well. Thats why i think it to be something they were doing to try and make sell based on the hugely successfull and popular 2000.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123