YMG2000

/ YMG2000 #1  

tw541

Tractor
Yanmar YMG 2000D
Hello

I am looking at a YMG2000 that seems to be a great deal. I have been trying to find out more about it. I have been researching Yanmars for a while, but this seems to not be a common model. I am wondering about parts availability. I would appreciate any info or opinions. This tractor has a Koyker loader, so I am hoping it may be a US reconditioned.

Thanks

/ YMG2000 #2  
What part of the country are you in? The VN wholesale importer in Northern California (now closed) used 100% Koyker loaders.

/ YMG2000 #4  
I believe the ymg2000 has the same engine as my ym2002d. 3t80u-nap I would be interested if the one you are looking at has that engine or if the p may be left off the suffix? As far as parts go that is an unsleeved engine and mine has been gone through including a crankshaft. So yes, engine parts are available. I am not knowledgeable about the drive train, just guessing clutch, brakes, bearings, seals, etc. are going to be available also. I'm sure Hoye or other parts vendors could confirm or deny this.

Sort of thinking this model was produced in the late 1980s.

/ YMG2000
Thanks for your replies. I am in North Arkansas. I have been reading these forums for several months trying to find out more about Yanmars and gray market tractors in general. This tractor is supposedly in excellent condition, having been reconditioned in 2007. From the pictures, it does not have ROPS. It is a three cylinder, four wheel drive, and from the pictures seems to have the rice field tires.

What concerned me is the model, YMG2000. I have seen the more common YM2000 listed, but not this YM "G". Hoye does not seem to list it on their part site, other than an available ROPS kit. At least it is not on their list of models to avoid. Fredricks does list it on their tractor price sheet.

I am mostly concerned with parts availability for this particular model. I am going to look at it this morning. I was just interested to see if anyone knew of any reason to avoid this particular model.

Thanks

/ YMG2000 #6  
What concerned me is the model, YMG2000. I have seen the more common YM2000 listed, but not this YM "G". Hoye does not seem to list it on their part site, other than an available ROPS kit. At least it is not on their list of models to avoid. Fredricks does list it on their tractor price sheet.

I am mostly concerned with parts availability for this particular model. I am going to look at it this morning. I was just interested to see if anyone knew of any reason to avoid this particular model.

Thanks

If you were to call Fredricks or Hoye, they would tell about the parts support for this mod . Looking through the parts list on Fredricks' site. It looks like it has good support. Gaskets , bearings ,rings etc, what parts were you concerned with ?

/ YMG2000
I looked at the tractor and it seems in great condition. One thing that seemed strange was that all the labels were in Japanese. Did any of the reconditioners/importers put Japanese labels back on after repainting? I suppose it could have imported in this good condition. It has less than 700 hours showing. It also is a YMG2000, but it is 4 wheel drive. I thought 4wd models ended in "D".

I was just interested in parts availability in general. It seems like that may not be a problem. What is a problems is that it does not have ROPS. With shipping that is almost $780.00.

Thanks for taking time to answer all these questions.

/ YMG2000 #8  
I bought the rops (I believe fredeirck sent for testing)when it came back to fredricks. It was around 800.00. Worth it in my opinion. It was probably bought in good condition. As far as I know they didn't re install the Japanese decals after re furb

Last edited:
   / YMG2000 #9  
"I thought 4 wheel drive models ended with a D."

So did I! :confused: Maye the decal has been changed from the original?

/ YMG2000 #10  
If the tractor looks & runs good & good price. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if , the decal were missing the D.Shouldn't be hard to tell if it's 4 wd or 2 wd