Yanmar 2210 Injection Pump???? Help

/ Yanmar 2210 Injection Pump???? Help #1  

Marcus48

Tractor
Yanmar 2210
I ran my 2210 out of desiel and after filling it back up and bleeding and bleeding and bleeding I never got it to crank. I replaced the the injector pump tonight and after bleeding... it is running.... but with lttle to no power and blowing tons of white smoke. I read on another post about timing the injector pump does anybody know where I can find some info on how to time the pump? Any other ideas???? Thanks Marcus

/ Yanmar 2210 Injection Pump???? Help #2  
I sent you a pm.

/ Yanmar 2210 Injection Pump???? Help #4  
Marcus,
You need to have a small line coming out of your number 1 cylinder injector pump first that faces up so you can see fuel coming out of it when the injector pump actuates. I used an old injector line I had and just cut it off about 3" long in an L facing up. What you are trying to do is find out when the fuel is starting to be injected and then make sure the marks on your damper on the front of your crankshaft are aligned with the pointer attached to the block. Just like timing on a gasoline engine but now your timing the injection of the diesel to the mark instead of timing the firing of the spark plug. Hope that makes sense. My damper has marks for each cylinder's top dead center and it has a mark that is correct for the firing of the diesel where the manufacture calls for it on number 1 cylinder. I'm not sure about your model but that is how it works on the 3110D Yanmar. Good Luck