fx powershift trans help

/ fx powershift trans help #11  
You are trying to stick 2 bearings in the same hole. Look at the pictures,use the 2 dowels for reference.The shaft for the clutch pack has no bearing.The middle shaft has a bearing on it,and the hole it goes into is the one already in the case. Did the one for the clutch pack fall off,and you stuck it on the wrong shaft? Mickey_Fx already pointed this out.

Looks that way. There is already a bearing in the case & it looks like he has installed another bearing on that shaft. Seems to me he needs to remove that bearing & install it on the power shift shaft

/ fx powershift trans help
by measuring the shafts and seeing a spacer or thrust washer on the shaft with the clutch packs i believe thats where the bearing goes thats in the housing, but also i do think the gear needs to fall inside those clutch packs more.

103_0423.jpg103_0424.jpg103_0431.JPG103_0432.JPG

moved the bearing still not there yet im gonna pull clutch pack apart tomarrow to see if the gear goes in a lil further.

/ fx powershift trans help #15  
Looks to me like the bearings are on the correct shafts or in the housing. Still think the problem is in the gear not moving into the clutch packs. Look at your first picture in post #1. notice the grooves in all the clutch packs? They are not aligned on the far left clutch packs.
Probably nothing to do with nothing but I just noticed that.

Last edited:
   / fx powershift trans help #16  
Sounds like a reason to go for a ride on your Harley and ponder...

/ fx powershift trans help #17  
Well after looking closer at the powershift clutch packs I see how they work and there wont be any planet gears only clutch discs and steels fwtw.