Last mow

/ Last mow #1  

lancem

Bronze Member
Tractor
YM2000
I am cutting grass today for the last time this season. Kinda sad to be taking off the bush hog for five months. Anybody with me?

/ Last mow #2  
I haven't even got all my hay up yet. You can come mow for me if you think you'll have withdraws!

/ Last mow
Virginia might be a little far to drive my tractor... :)

/ Last mow #4  
No im not to sad. i mowed my last little are 2 weeks ago. I mow a little over several weekends to get it all done. But i wont miss it til say the last month or so! My BH gets taken on and off all the time, between disk , finish mower, box, im always shuffling. At least its one less thing to mess with, i still can get the FM hooked up once or twice to cut the weeds and cool season bunch grasses in the large farm yard. Winter is also the time to bushhof field edges for me and inbetween some of my small tresss to get rid of the small pines and stuff i dont get in summer cause im busy cutting fields.

/ Last mow #5  
I guess I mowed for the last time 3 weeks ago, just didn't know it. All the grass save one species went dormant almost immediately all over the area. This warm weather lately has some greening again, but unless the rain from this storm brings it back, I'm done.

/ Last mow #6  
I'll need to hit the front yard real quick and that it's for me with the FM. this Yr. So it's coming off for the last time. Leaf season has begun though.:thumbdown:

/ Last mow #7  
Yep, we unhooked our cutters for the last time this week and put my box scrapper on.

/ Last mow #8  
You guys were fortunate (depending on how you see it) you had the moisture that you needed to mow we didn't mow again but once or twice all year for the second year in a row not good.

/ Last mow #9  
You guys were fortunate (depending on how you see it) you had the moisture that you needed to mow we didn't mow again but once or twice all year for the second year in a row not good.

We mowed about a fourth of what we would normally mow. Much of our mowing this year was clearing brush to restablish warm season grasses and move wildlife habitat. The last we did was for shooting lanes for bow hunting for my sons, but didn't touch the rest. It sure helped our fuel bill.

/ Last mow #10  
I thought that I was done for the season around two weeks ago. But with the warmer temperatures, I will probably have to mow one more time.