Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    YM2000

Default Last mow

I am cutting grass today for the last time this season. Kinda sad to be taking off the bush hog for five months. Anybody with me?

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

I haven't even got all my hay up yet. You can come mow for me if you think you'll have withdraws!

Tractor
    YM2000

Virginia might be a little far to drive my tractor...

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Default Re: Last mow

No im not to sad. i mowed my last little are 2 weeks ago. I mow a little over several weekends to get it all done. But i wont miss it til say the last month or so! My BH gets taken on and off all the time, between disk , finish mower, box, im always shuffling. At least its one less thing to mess with, i still can get the FM hooked up once or twice to cut the weeds and cool season bunch grasses in the large farm yard. Winter is also the time to bushhof field edges for me and inbetween some of my small tresss to get rid of the small pines and stuff i dont get in summer cause im busy cutting fields.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

I guess I mowed for the last time 3 weeks ago, just didn't know it. All the grass save one species went dormant almost immediately all over the area. This warm weather lately has some greening again, but unless the rain from this storm brings it back, I'm done.
    Randy
    Southern boy and proud to tell it! Live and let live...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

I'll need to hit the front yard real quick and that it's for me with the FM. this Yr. So it's coming off for the last time. Leaf season has begun though.

Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Yep, we unhooked our cutters for the last time this week and put my box scrapper on.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

You guys were fortunate (depending on how you see it) you had the moisture that you needed to mow we didn't mow again but once or twice all year for the second year in a row not good.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Car Doc View Post
    You guys were fortunate (depending on how you see it) you had the moisture that you needed to mow we didn't mow again but once or twice all year for the second year in a row not good.
    We mowed about a fourth of what we would normally mow. Much of our mowing this year was clearing brush to restablish warm season grasses and move wildlife habitat. The last we did was for shooting lanes for bow hunting for my sons, but didn't touch the rest. It sure helped our fuel bill.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

I thought that I was done for the season around two weeks ago. But with the warmer temperatures, I will probably have to mow one more time.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast