Additives

/ Additives #32  
I got the 2000 out today and mixed about 3/8 0f an Once to a guesstimate of 1 1/4 Gal. of Diesel today. Without a Doubt it's Quieter and Smoother with no noticeable loss of power. I believe I'm going to be running it now. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Additives #33  
I got the 2000 out today and mixed about 3/8 0f an Once to a guesstimate of 1 1/4 Gal. of Diesel today. Without a Doubt it's Quieter and Smoother with no noticeable loss of power. I believe I'm going to be running it now. :thumbsup:
So 1:400 TC-W3? Is that in addition to Powerservice? Maybe I should try that.

/ Additives #34  

I just buy it by the gallon. I'll have to check the size of my mixing bottle. I believe it's 2oz.

/ Additives #35  
So 1:400 TC-W3? Is that in addition to Powerservice? Maybe I should try that.

No PS. and It was a guess at 3/8oz. prob. more like 1/2oz.-5/8 since only 1,2,3 oz's. on my mixing bottle. Also was a guess at 1/4 tank that I marked yrs. ago. I was shooting for at least 200:1 I bought A Ranger boat with a bad motor. I owned it for over 10 yrs. that we removed the Oil injection when we rebuilt it. I always run a little to much 2cyl.
than just not enough esp. when it was a 150 and we used a 200 block.:cool:

/ Additives #36  
even in your gas truck you wont notice 200+:1 that's not enough oil to notice.

Like I said I been meaning to do it. But I will run it to a full tank, I usually add 5 gallons at the time.

Supertec 2stroke oil is been said to be pretty good stuff on the boat forum I frequent, I have always run it on all 3 of my boats I have had, one was a early 70s 25hp the others I still have, a 91 150hp and a 81 60hp. All OMC motors as that's what I like, the simplicity and reliability and I know them and can trouble shoot them pretty good now as well as fix them.

/ Additives #37  
even in your gas truck you wont notice 200+:1 that's not enough oil to notice.

Like I said I been meaning to do it. But I will run it to a full tank, I usually add 5 gallons at the time.

Supertec 2stroke oil is been said to be pretty good stuff on the boat forum I frequent, I have always run it on all 3 of my boats I have had, one was a early 70s 25hp the others I still have, a 91 150hp and a 81 60hp. All OMC motors as that's what I like, the simplicity and reliability and I know them and can trouble shoot them pretty good now as well as fix them.

I have been using outboard 2 stroke oil for my chainsaw, and the saw doesn't seem to like it. Anyone else notice this? This leads me to the second question (which Clemsonfor may have just answered): can I put the 2 gallons of 50:1 gas/oil mixture in my truck's tank when I fill up to dilute it safely?

/ Additives #38  
I have been using outboard 2 stroke oil for my chainsaw, and the saw doesn't seem to like it. Anyone else notice this? This leads me to the second question (which Clemsonfor may have just answered): can I put the 2 gallons of 50:1 gas/oil mixture in my truck's tank when I fill up to dilute it safely?

There is 2 stroke oil especially designed for air cooled engines...that is what you should run in your chainsaw not boat motor oil. Not sure about using the 2 stroke gas in your truck...is it really worth the risk given what mechanics charge?

/ Additives #39  
I wouldn't use it in my gas burner

/ Additives #40  
There is 2 stroke oil especially designed for air cooled engines...that is what you should run in your chainsaw not boat motor oil. Not sure about using the 2 stroke gas in your truck...is it really worth the risk given what mechanics charge?

As soon as I started using the outboard motor 2 stroke oil it was apparent the saw wasn't liking it. That's why I have 2 gallons of it!! :) I got some Husqvarna oil and that was that. I figured 2 gallons of oiled gas out of 24 gallons total in the truck would render it insignificant......500 to 1 or so. People have been talking in this thread about using heavier amounts in four stroke diesel engines......

On another note, someone in the Husqvarna forum suggested Sea Foam for a balky carb in my husky 445.....worked like charm. 10 minutes after adding a slug of the stuff to my tank the bogging and sputtering were gone. Excellent product!