Additives

/ Additives #1  

puresol

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1700
Is anyone using fuel, oil, and/or other additives. I was thinking about getting something to help clean my injectors. Can anyone make a reccomendation?

/ Additives #2  
I really like seafoam...

/ Additives #3  
I use the Power Service Diesel Kleen Cetane Boost. Not very expensive. Does it help? I don't know. I just sleep better at night knowing it is in there.

/ Additives #4  
You'll likely get allot of different suggestions of things to use, some are hard to find and might even have to be ordered, so I use what is easily available found on the shelf, Lucas gas/diesel fuel injector cleaner additive, I just get the small bottle, although it states it can treat 25 gal. I find it easier just to use half a bottle at each 2 tanks fills, it s seems to keep the engine running good and smooth, quites it down some as well,

Attachments

• imagesCAV740QI.jpg
    imagesCAV740QI.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 130
   / Additives #6  
I always have Sea Foam around so that is what I use from time to time but never used it on a bad running diesel so I have no proof it makes a difference.

/ Additives #7  
Power Service Diesel Kleen Cetane Boost (gray bottle) noticeably calms the harsh diesel clank in my YM240.

I've read that these Japanese diesels were designed for higher minimum Cetane rating fuel compared to US fuel standards and PS makes up that difference. PS is also claimed to make starting easier (but I've read that too much can inhibit extreme cold starting). The YM240 starts instantly with or without PS so I'll say 'maybe' to that claim.

Beyond that - I dunno.

/ Additives #8  
only thing I use in my cummins & yanmar is 2 cycle oil

/ Additives #9  
PS gray bottle is about all I use it sure quiets my engine down at double strength I run red winter diesel year round also fwtw. Occasionally I add seafoam maybe a couple times a year when I think about it. I use ER metal conditioner treatment in all my oils.

/ Additives #10  
Car Doc, what is the advantage of winter diesel? I was going to wait for Spring to refill my small bulk tank, so that fuel is always fresh when used. Is there an advantage to buying winter diesel while it is available now?