YM336D Powershift

/ YM336D Powershift #1  

jdoug

Tractor
YM336D
I have a YM336D tractor and the other day when using the power shift to go forward the tractor did not respond.
After several attempts to try and go forward or backward the tractor would not respond. Where I live we do not
have a local tractor dealer that works on YM. The local tractor companies have tried to get the service manual
from YM but YM will not give out that information. I called myself and found out the same thing. I'm in need of help.
Does anyone have any information on this subject so I might be able to get my tractor fixed. Note: I have had the
tractor for 16 years but I do not know how old the tractor is. I bought the tractor from U-Haul.

jdoug

/ YM336D Powershift #2  
All manuals are available for your 336. Here is an on line parts pdf. Also, here is a link to other manuals. They are also available on ebay. Yanmar Tractor Parts: MANUALS http://downloads.pfgaustralia.com.au/intranetwebcache/Parts/Parts Manuals/Yanmar/Y00T2140.pdf

As far as your problem goes it could be several things. Most often it is the need to change hydraulic/transmission fluid and clean the suction strainer. Do you know the condition of yours? If you look at figure 58 in the pdf parts you can find your suction screen if you are not familiar with it. The power shift pump picks up suction through this screen. Not saying this is your problem, just suggesting #1 place to consider.

The 336 was manufactured from 1980 through 1991.

/ YM336D Powershift
Thank you so much. I appreciate the information.

Jdoug

/ YM336D Powershift #4  
It sounds like your hydraulic screen might be stopped up. My 4220D did the same thing and the screen(pre-filter) was stopped up with crude. I had to clean it several times when I first bought it before getting all the clay like crude cleaned out. Without hydraulic pressure, the hydraulic clutch wont engage. You may also have to change out the filter and oil to get it to work.
The screen should be located right below the PTO shaft. Pulling it will drain all the hydraulic oil out so have a large enough container to hold all of it. My 4220 held about 7 gallons so it took two 5 gallon cans and you will spill some of it so be prepared.

/ YM336D Powershift
I appreciate the information. I will have that checked first.

jdoug

/ YM336D Powershift #6  
I had a 336D that experienced exactly the same problem. The shift handle mechanism on the steering column had worn around the roll pin until it did not fully engage the shuttle. Drilled out the holes and used a 1/4 inch bolt and nut in place of the roll pin, and all was fine.

/ YM336D Powershift
I think you hit the nail on the head. I noticed that the shift arm on the power shifter was real loose when it happen.
Thanks for telling me that.

jdoug

/ YM336D Powershift #8  
Whatever you do, don't turn loose of the 336D. I really miss mine. Bought a new EX450, and the 336 had so many better features, it's hard to believe.

/ YM336D Powershift #9  
Winston1,
Does that download site have other Yanmar manuals? What's the url for the directory? Thanks