ym 2000

/ ym 2000 #1  

rjsharp

Tractor
Kubota L3200
I have some white smoke coming out of exhaust, it is just when you press on acceraltor, no water in oil, no oil in radiator, I read where you can clean the muffler. My question what do you do, and how do you do it? Thanks for your imput, suggestions, remedies.

/ ym 2000 #2  
it may be water or it may be unburned fuel from over fuel, its white too. to clean it some just take off and bang it? if i were gonna try it and were serious, i would cap off one end with plastic and tape or something fill it with deisel and shake and let sit then shake more then pour out then wash with water or something? dont think a dirty muff is the problem though? unless u got raw fuel in there?

/ ym 2000 #3  
From the discription it sounds more of like Bad Diesel Fuel. May try draining and replacing the fuel and while your doing that replace the Fuel Filter if it hasn't been changed recently. In my Notes NAPA. filter #3262 should be for a YM2000. Keep the Old Fuel that may not be the problem you can always pour it back in if it still does it. ;)

/ ym 2000
Thank for the advice, I've had tractor for about 12 years, NEVER, NEVER have changed the fuel filter until about a month ago.It has always ran good. So the bad fuel might be the best solution. I appreciate your knowledge. Take care all.

/ ym 2000
I really do not know. I hate to sound ignorate about it, after I changed the fuel filter, I started it up, it ran about 30-40 seconds and quit. So what I did was follow the fuel line from filter bowl, there was a phillips head / hexhead screw and I turned it, I seen air bubbles come out and then a steady flow of fuel come out. This took about 7-10 seconds to do. Started it up and all seems good. If you think I need to do something or if you have any suggestions, this would be much appreciated. I had the tractor for 12 years or so, and with exception of putting in fuel, and a battery, and oil changes. I did have to take off radiator and took it to a radiator shop. Thank you for input / suggestions. Take care.

/ ym 2000 #7  
You did not get all the air if it died. Go to hoyes site and follow the instructions. But basically what you do is what you did. But bleed the screw closest to the tank till runs without bubbles, then the next one beside it, then the one right before the injector pump, as long as there no bubbles you will be fine and run perfect!

/ ym 2000
Very good info, I have never owned a diesel before, and to be honest, do not know mluch about them. So any info that I read about is good for me.Thanks for your input, Take care.

/ ym 2000 #9  
where is tron GA? I work in the Lincolnton/augusta/tompson area. I could swing by one day if you want someone to show you. It will take 2 mins. Sadly there is no good youtube vids on yanmars that I have found.

But its no more complicated than I just wrote.

/ ym 2000 #10  
Sadly there is no good youtube vids on yanmars that I have found.

There's an idea ! You could be the 1st To make a you tube vid. ! :D I have never had nuch trouble getting the air out after a fuel filter change. I open the bleed screws at the filter & watch the fuel fill to the top of the filter cup. cranks right up every time. ,ve never had to bleed anywhere else