Ym 1700 temp sending switch/ oil pressure sending switch change out

/ Ym 1700 temp sending switch/ oil pressure sending switch change out #1  

puresol

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1700
Ok got parts today. I am changing out my temp switch, oil switch, and warning light bulbs tomorrow. What is the test to check the operation of the instrument lights? It would be nice to know they are functional. In the oil port there is a gauge installed. Its good to have but you cant see it while you are operating the tractor. I had just assumed have a light I can see. Anyone feel differently?

I got the coolant tank installed. I bush hogged for about 1.5 hours today. No problems with over heating that I could tell, at least I didnt see any steam. I changed the oil and all the filters-oil, air, and fuel.

Attachments

• tractor 007.jpg
    tractor 007.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 420
   / Ym 1700 temp sending switch/ oil pressure sending switch change out #2  
Is there a loose wire anywhere around where the oil gauge is installed. You are probably aware there are different switches for gauges and warning lights on both oil pressure and temperature. Your 1700 came originally with the warning lights. your oil light should come on when you turn the switch to the on position. Your temperature light should come on if you pull the wire off the sensor and touch it to ground with the switch in the on position.

/ Ym 1700 temp sending switch/ oil pressure sending switch change out
No there is no loose wire. Thats going to be a challenge but it should be easy enough to over come. There is a wire at the temp switch. I dont get a light when the wire is disconnected I tried touching it to bare metal. Maybe the bulbs are bad. I am also changing out bulbs