Brake Boot leak?

/ Brake Boot leak? #1  

Scotty Dive

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2020D
I was doing some maintenance on my 2020 - oil and filter, hydraulic filter an fluid change, fuel filter - when I noticed the boot to my brakes is seeping. What is behind here and is the boot just for protection? Just wanted to know before I called Hoye.
IMAG0555.jpg

Also - looks like there is a drain plug on the rear of the front drive shaft. What does that drain?
IMAG0571.jpg

/ Brake Boot leak? #2  
   / Brake Boot leak?
I would think that there is an oring or some sort of seal behind the boot? Or is it the boot that holds back the fluid?

/ Brake Boot leak? #4  
The boot is what holds the fluid. No o-ring. Boot just flexes as the brake rod goes in and out.

Attachments

• scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 624
  • scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 610
   / Brake Boot leak?
Just an update - replaced the boot - very easy job....probably best when doing an fluid change though.....lost about half a quart of fluid. Not sure if more would have come out, but I replaced the boot as fast as I could to minimize the mess.

/ Brake Boot leak? #6  
I'm glad to know that Hoye has them in stock now. Mine in my 1802 started leaking about 8 years ago and I could not find one. I put a hot patch on it and it has held up so far but I always worry that it will start leaking again.

/ Brake Boot leak?
The boot came from Fredericks....I was looking for the hood emblems and Fredericks was the only place I could find them that said yanmar YM2020. Was tired of the tractor saying Zen noh and neighbors asking about it. ;)

/ Brake Boot leak? #8  
My decals don't have the d either wouldn't mean anything to anybody but us I do understand your need for replacements however. I thought about having my graphics shop make me some but I sure intended to keep it a secret. :D