The kiss of Death? YM1700

/ The kiss of Death? YM1700 #21  
Assuming you are running the correct mixture Yanmar Tractor Overheating I would guess your boiling point to be somewhere around 249 degrees with a 13 lb cap. What is the boiling point of coolant? - Yahoo! Answers India Pretty much a rough estimate on my part. California or someone with better understanding on the subject could probably hit it closer. I put a glue bottle on my old farmall cub for an overflow bottle. (thermosyphon system) It worked great. What I did notice was in hard pulls in hot temperatures I would get a belch out. My thinking a hard pull creates hot spots and a boil rght at that spot. Therefore, a belch of water in the overflow. Really not saying anything to help much. Just trying to help us understand how it works.

/ The kiss of Death? YM1700 #22  
The process of welding up a cast iron block is called 'stiching'. Old farmers and tractor head repair shops have been using it for decades. You start at one end and drill a hole at the end of the crack and plug weld it. Let it cool normally and slow and go to the other end and do the same thing. Keep letting it cool and keep starting at the other end with a minimum of 25% overlap until it is done. Old tractor repair shop did this on an old corvette engine I picked up for cheap. Ran the engine hard for about 8 years in an old '52 Willys Utility wagon offroading. Broke axles, driveshafts, springs etc., but the block never leaked a drop. Crack was on the inside of the lower block, so any water leak would end up in my crankcase.