yanmar ym 1500 linkbox

/ yanmar ym 1500 linkbox #1  

billymc

Silver Member
Tractor
yanmar ym1500 also massey ferguson 35 son
hi im looking to buy a linkt box or trabsport box for my ym1500 if you guys dont know what im talking about its to carry stuff or take the rear door of and use it to scoop and carry stuff. there is a 4ft and a 5ft box what do you guys thingk the best size is or have you usec one or got one what sizr do you use? thanks

/ yanmar ym 1500 linkbox #2  
I made up a pallet fork attachment to go on my Quick Hitch, then made an oversize pallet as a Carryall. I use it all the time. Its about 4 ft x 6 ft. This is a real time saver, for example to carry my harvest ladders without hooking up a trailer.

70566d1171849399-pallet-forks-rear-3-pt-p1050892r.jpg

220809d1310405301-diy-carry-all-p1620207r3ptforks.jpg

72662d1174523073-3-pt-carryall-p00069rwateronforks.jpg

200622d1297802477-1401d-vs-186d-3-point-p1560653rym186dpersimmonhar.jpg

I'm gradually putting everything on pallets. In this case I built a mulch bin on a heavy duty pallet. When I planted new trees in the orchard, this was convenient to take to each tree.

236067d1320291604-chipper-p1640058rhfshredderinuse.jpg

/ yanmar ym 1500 linkbox
o yes very handy for your jobs? so you think a 5ft will be ok on my 2wd ym? this is a pic of a 4ft but was hoping a 5ft would be ok?$(KGrHqJHJCQFCVGLncCFBQoPW3q!Hg~~60_12.JPG thanks

/ yanmar ym 1500 linkbox #4  
That looks like extremely solid construction. And heavy. I think having solid side walls limits what you can do, for example carry ladders.

At least for me, I don't need strength like that so building up from a heavy duty pallet was sufficient. My forks attachment and platform are each light enough to drag around by hand and I would rather patch or modify my lumber construction occasionally if needed, rather than work with an indestructible steel-frame box I can't lift by hand.

I think my YM186D (YM1510D) has similar lift capacity to your YM1500 so let's estimate total lift capacity at 550 lbs maximum for these. If that box weighs say half that much, it will limit what you can carry. In my photo above carrying water in garbage cans, (on the larger tractor) I started with five cans but couldn't lift them. That taught me to keep the back platform as light as possible.

I think the steel box in your photo is a specialty tool for a stonemason etc who needs indestructible durability. My own preference was to build light so I had weight capacity left for cargo. And I prefer no sidewalls.
I often use a couple of huge plastic bins to carry garden debris etc. I think its easier to tip these by hand to empty them, compared to shoveling out that box.

I suggest buy a made-up 3-point forks attachment, then get a big pallet and put a deck and front fence on the pallet. The forks will be more broadly useful. You can move other items on their own pallets using the forks, compared to lifting each object into that fixed size box to carry it.

/ yanmar ym 1500 linkbox
o the sides and bottom are bolted to the floor like sections its 78kg for the 4ft model capacity 0.36 width 1000mm body 3mm steel.i used to have one on the old mf i sold and used it to carry wood stone soil and stuff but it was to big for the compact . well its late here in the uk will check my mail in the morning and hear what you think if a 5ft model would be not to heavy to lift the front end ? thanks