New Owner

/ New Owner #1  

Eddie

Platinum Member
Tractor
YM2020 & Allis Chalmers 6060
I just purchased a YM1700 and have a couple of questions. 1. Under the seat on the left side there is an adjustment that has D & P. What is this? 2. Under the hood between the air filter and the fan there is a small white plastic jar that has a rubber hose out the bottom to the intake. What is this and what goes in it? 3. I need a top link for the 3 point hitch that will adjust out to 18 inches for the rotary cutter I have. Does anyone else require one this long and what do you use? The one that came with it is just too short to level the cutter.

Thanks
Eddie

/ New Owner #2  
The jar is for your Thermal start system. Fill with diesel fuel for winter time starting. The top links come in 2 lengths. You can get them from Tractor Supply Co. or a tractor dealer.

Eugene

/ New Owner #3  
Like buppy69 said.. the bowl is for the thermostart, as this tractor doesn't have glow plugs.

The need of a longer toplink is common, and again as BP said.. tsc carries both the long and the short cat 1 toplinks.

As for the control on the left of the seat, are you refering to the speed controll for the drop on the 3pt lift?

Good luck with your 1700, I love mine.

Soundguy

/ New Owner #4  
Congrats on your new tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
The D&P sounds like a draft and position control. Buppy69 and soundguy answered your other questions.

/ New Owner
Now that you mention it I put it on D when bush hogging and it floated nicely. I'm glad to know the tractor has a draft position on the powerlift. Sure like this little tractor.

/ New Owner #6  
You've got the same size lot that I have. My tractor is an Iseki TU100f... same hp as yours -- about 20-21. Mine is 4wd. Love it to death. Should have bought one years ago.