Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d

/ Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d #1  

davecharles

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2220D Yanmar 240D
My first post
I'm looking at a Yanmar 2220d for use around my yard and small farm. The tractor doesn't have a FEL (I will need one). Another individual has a nice Bush Hog 2246QT loader for sale. The loader is priced right (under $2000) and is listed for a 20 to 35 hp tractor. Has anyone used one of these loaders on a 2220d. What do you think. I've looked at the loaders from coldwater and they are a great deal until you have to pay an extra $400 to ship to my place in the midwest.
Dave

/ Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d #2  
You will need mounting brackets to fit your tractor & that loader. I don't know of anyone that has used a loader like the 1 you describe on a yanmar. You may be able to rig something that will work

/ Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d #3  
we can beat that and it fits and it's new....

/ Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d #4  
we can beat that and it fits and it's new....

I don't know your prices for the loader he wants. But, by the time he pays someone to build brackets for his tractor to match the $2000.00 loader, he may be ahead to buy your loader

/ Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d
Coldwater, I like your loader and it may be my best option. If freight wasn't so expensive I wouldn't look any farther. Kenmac, I can make my own brackets if I have to, but it sure would be nice to bolt on and go.
Dave

/ Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d #6  
I have a Bush Hog 1846 QT on my Yanmar 1610D. I have used it a lot in the past 7yrs. & the only thing I had any problem with is one of the curl cyl. is leaking a drop or two of oil when it is warn. Never had to add any so I don't worry about it. I bought it from the dealer I got my tractor from on a skid & installed it my self. Took most of the day but wasn't to hard. The mounts came with it but I don't remember if they were from Bush Hog or my dealer had them made. If you go with the Bush Hog loader I can get you some pictures of my mounts if you need them.

Thanks Gary C, I will let you know if I need pics of the brackets. Others may want to see how it looks too. Everyone like to see pics of neat tractors and acessories.
Dave

/ Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d #8  
Coldwater, I like your loader and it may be my best option. If freight wasn't so expensive I wouldn't look any farther. Kenmac, I can make my own brackets if I have to, but it sure would be nice to bolt on and go.
Dave
well let's have a Christmas sale with shipping and loader $$$$1950 by the way i have that tractor. and free hydraulic taps.. thanks

/ Bush Hog FEL on Yanmar 2220d #9  
well let's have a Christmas sale with shipping and loader $$$$1950 by the way i have that tractor. and free hydraulic taps.. thanks

Now there's a deal! Less money that the other loader, it's new, with brackets and free shipping. Coldwater, I like the way you step up to the plate.

That is a great deal! Now the seller has to come through with the tractor. I hope to complete the deal with the seller in the next few days.
Dave