Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation?

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #11  
According to 284 International it is 7cc per revolution meaning 4.8GPM @2600rpm. I believe that is what is on the pump on his 186 and those numbers agree with the factory brochure for the 186. I'm certainly no hydraulic guru and I don't know what your problem is but I don't think hose size is your problem.

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation?
I was looking at the factory snowblower manual last night and noticed that all of the factory hoses use pipe ends. That got me thinking.

I spoke with the hydraulic shop this morning and they confirmed that pipe fittings definately have a larger ID than the JIC swivel ends they used on the current hoses. I measured the straight swivel end for ID and it's only .250" so I believe these fitting are my restriction point.

I'll update as things are changed.

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #13  
don't know if this helps or makes any difference in your case. My lines on my loader valve are 1/2 '' . the fittings (JIC). have a smaller ID than the hoses.I have no whine out of my pump

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #14  
I doubt those quarter-inch openings through the fittings are the problem.

Could the return lines be sucking air at some point?

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #15  
I am running 1/2 jic fittings also no problems other than maybe speed but my power is there and no noise either.

I think he hit it on the head earlier when he re-cleaned the screen and it got better thats my thinking is to follow that path again the pump is apparently sucking air or is starved for fluid. hth

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #16  
Agree, starved.

I wonder if there is still debris somewhere in a return line or even in the loader valve. Maybe blowing them out with air (messy!) would clear them?

Well, I'm at a real loss here. The whine was eliminated by going to 1/2" on the feed, return, and PBY lines as noted earlier.

The 3-point works perfectly and the power shift is fine. The system is quiet and smooth when you dead head the pump to check pressure at the valve. All is well as long as fluid isn't flowing thru the work ports via applying the control lever.

I've checked the strainer again. No debris. Changed the filter again, no change.

I looped the work ports to take the cylinders/load out of the equation. When the control valve is actuated you can see and feel the line with flow jumping and vibrating. You can also feel light hammering in the hard pressure line from the pump to the divider block. It really feels like air in the system but I have no idea how that could be and the fluid doesn't show signs of air bubbles. It almost feels like pressure chattering over a relief valve but when I dead head to a pressure gauge it's shows steady at 2000 psi.

I've done a fair share of hydraulic valve installs but this one has me baffled.

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #18  
Well, I'm at a real loss here. The whine was eliminated by going to 1/2" on the feed, return, and PBY lines as noted earlier.

The 3-point works perfectly and the power shift is fine. The system is quiet and smooth when you dead head the pump to check pressure at the valve. All is well as long as fluid isn't flowing thru the work ports via applying the control lever.

I've checked the strainer again. No debris. Changed the filter again, no change.

I looped the work ports to take the cylinders/load out of the equation. When the control valve is actuated you can see and feel the line with flow jumping and vibrating. You can also feel light hammering in the hard pressure line from the pump to the divider block. It really feels like air in the system but I have no idea how that could be and the fluid doesn't show signs of air bubbles. It almost feels like pressure chattering over a relief valve but when I dead head to a pressure gauge it's shows steady at 2000 psi.

I've done a fair share of hydraulic valve installs but this one has me baffled.

Do you have the complete model code of the Prince valve? Just curious to see what spool options you have.

How/where did you connect the tank port on the LVT valve?

Can you install a pressure gauge in the pressure line to monitor pressures when LVT is in neutral, when the 3PH is raising both empty and with a load on it if possible, and when the noise / pulsation starts while shifting one of the spools on the LVT valve. Trying to see if their is a constant point at where the noise starts.

Roy
Can you install a pressure gauge in the pressure line to monitor what the pressure is with the LVT valve in neutral?

The valve I ordered on Jamiesons recommendation is the Prince LVT1GB5AB7. This is what he uses for loader installs and has had good luck with them.

The tank line is connected per the valves install manual with one end of the line to the T port on the valve and the other going into the return port on the left side of the 186D's transmission.

Richard

Whoops...

The noise and "hammering" start as soon as the control lever is moved. Even if you try to creep the control lever.

I'll have to pick up additional fitting tomorrow for inline pressure testing.

Richard