Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation?

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #41  
Have a few questions. are you trying to run the blower itself on the tractors hydraulic pump, or is it an added 3 point pump?

does the noise happen while the tractor is in motion or standing still.

thanks

my front blower runs thru 1" hoses for supply ans return.uses a 25 gallon reserve oil tank to help keep fluids cool during operation. i was told that a tractors hydraulic pump cannot power a blower by itself, as they dont have the pressure or volume to handle the units.

but im no expert...thats JJ's field

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation?
I have the factory front mount PTO with electric clutch. Blower is belt driven from the front of the engine.

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #43  
Gypsyman I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out.

I have a question - did your investigation indicate that the main, external hydraulic pump sends fluid through passages in the transmission case to provide fluid for the transmission internal pump? I had assumed the circuits were separate but after reading your description it seems they could be in series.

They both pull from the same strainer or cavity. According to the flow diagrams in the manual they are separate circuits.

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #45  
They both pull from the same strainer or cavity. According to the flow diagrams in the manual they are separate circuits.

Anyway to extend the suction strainer so it stays under fluid level? I would think this would be better for all the components involved.

Unfortunately there isn't. Just a matter of training myself to wait 15-30 seconds before operating the hydraulics.

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #47  
I am still wondering if a couple qts extra oil would stop it all together? Glad its working to your satisfaction now! That is a neat rig glad I dont need one a snow blower that is! :D

Its not uncommon to add extra oil simply because every time you put an attachment on the system you may not get all the oil back depending on where the cyls happen to stop etc if you follow me.

I'm going to run it slighty high but the strainer is well above the level of the dipstick. Now that I know what it is I will just change my habits to match.

/ Hydraulic pump whine after valve installation? #49  
Where did you get the ROPS ,and is that the HOYE turf tire set?

It's been a while but I believe the ROPS came from Hoye. It's a Custom Products of Litchfield folder.

I put the turf kit together with wheels from Hey Wheel built to my specs.