F22D PTO issue

/ F22D PTO issue #1  

NickBlade

Tractor
Yanmar F22D, JD 3025E compact
Okay, dumb question of the week.

I bought my F22D for the bucket up front and the blade on the rear. I didn't think I would use the PTO for anything. But now I want to use a borrowed finish mower and I can't figure out how to engage the PTO. The lever is in the center of the H pattern, on the 1/2 side. With the engine running, tranny in N, clutch pedal depressed, I cannot move the PTO lever up or down to get into 1 or 2 and I cannot move it to the left to get over the the 3/4 side. I even tried pulling out and pushing in. No joy.

Ideas? :confused:

/ F22D PTO issue #2  
Supposing you have let out a tad on the clutch to help align gears then on sight trouble shooting is your answer. Something is frozen up or misaligned. You will have to dig deep enough to find out just what.

/ F22D PTO issue
Well, I got the PTO into range 1. The linkage was good, nothing bent or bound. So I decided to use a little force. The entire cage rotated, not sure it is supposed to do that. I can't get it into any other range, but 1. But that should be the gear to get me 540 PTO RPM around 2200 crankshaft RPM.

/ F22D PTO issue #4  
Supposing you have let out a tad on the clutch to help align gears then on sight trouble shooting is your answer. Something is frozen up or misaligned. You will have to dig deep enough to find out just what.

Have never had to let up on the clutch to shift into any of the 4 pto speeds. Think something else is in play. No ideas right now.