Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #81  
We have had two snows in the last two weeks. Highly unusual for us this time of year. had English peas and turnip greens breaking the ground before the first snow. Went over to check them after the snow had melted and they were still green. Also have onions set out. My garden is about 8 miles through the country from me. When I go over to set out potatoes this next week I will snap a picture or two.

I cant even think about planting anything (without some kind of greenhouse) until somewhere around Memorial Day. Our snow has been down this year, probably around 180" thus far, but unlike other years we lost/melted less of those first snows. I still have three feet on the level in my yard, and some of the banks along the drive are 8' plus!!

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #82  
I cant even think about planting anything (without some kind of greenhouse) until somewhere around Memorial Day. Our snow has been down this year, probably around 180" thus far, but unlike other years we lost/melted less of those first snows. I still have three feet on the level in my yard, and some of the banks along the drive are 8' plus!!

YIKES, people actually farm that far north? :D

Our snow is now totally gone in Nashville and temps have nearly touched 70F. I got the itch to plant, but too soon would be a washout with the rains.

Winston, how are things further south?

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics
Just poured 3.1" out of my rain gauge that has fallen the past two days. It is headed East. I poured out about the same after our two snows. Our ground is saturated but luckily my gardern area is sandy and does not become boggy. Temperatures are moderating also, vegetation turning green! Wooooppeee! :thumbsup:

/ Winston1's ym2002d farming tactics #84  
We have already hit 78F if Not 80F this year and i think it will be 78F today as well.

Like Winston we are saturated. My garden is mostly clay type soil and in a low spot and will be wet for some time if it quit raining for good right now, but it looks like rain later this week so you can prolong a dryout that much longer again. I will probably get in the garden in April.