Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars #1  

Cedar25

Tractor
EX3200, 4610
I just bought a shiny new Yanmar EX3200. It arrived along with a shipment of 4 other 2011 EX3200's. They had originally been stickered Cub/Yanmar and the decals have been changed to Yanmar. The books that come with them are all Yanmar also.

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars #2  
Yanmar and cub split a couple years ago.

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars #3  
:welcome:

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars
Yanmar and cub split a couple years ago.

I know that. I was just surprised that the 2011 Cub Cadet/Yanmars that didn't sell yet, and were sent back to Yanmar were having all the Cub Cadet/Yanmar Decals on the hood and loader removed and replaced with just Yanmar decals. I've just never heard of that being done before.

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars #5  
I know that. I was just surprised that the 2011 Cub Cadet/Yanmars that didn't sell yet, and were sent back to Yanmar were having all the Cub Cadet/Yanmar Decals on the hood and loader removed and replaced with just Yanmar decals. I've just never heard of that being done before.

Interesting indeed. You're sure these were left overs that are re-badged?

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars
sure am! Yanmar didn't even do a good job removing the old emblems on the one I got to look at before the dealer did his cleanup and prep. Dealer was also surprised when they arrived with only Yanmar emblems.

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars #7  
Dunno about tractors but long ago Volkswagen had to sign some kind of consent order, over relabeling the year model on unsold Bugs at the end of a model year.

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars #9  
On the VW thing, my uncle used to work on the line that assembled the bugs here in Australia in the 60s. if they screwed up the VIN or wanted to change something all they used to do was lead wipe over the old number and re-stamp a new one, and that was the factory doing that! imagine doing that nowadays.....

/ Yanmar is rebranding remaining Cub/Yanmars #10  
I look at like this - Yanmar built them even when CC was involved. Yanmar took back the ones that CC dealers no longer wanted to sell. They have pride in what they built and they are the ones that stand behind the warranty on all of them (Yanmar & CC/Yanmar) so why not badge them for what they are, Yanmar. I wonder if the dealers who stayed with Yanmar and had carry over units rebadged them too?:2cents: