Diff fork

/ Diff fork #1  

dgizmo1

Tractor
John deere 318, ym2000
Now that i have the pto shift lever taken off, i was wanting to pull the diff lock fork off to make sure it is not worn. How do you release tge tension on the for and get the roll pin out?

/ Diff fork #2  
Let me sound stupid here. :D You must either have the hydraulic cover off or the pto unit removed in order to see the roll pin in the differential lock. If that is the case I would think you could visibly see any excess play you might have. Am I all wet?

/ Diff fork
You are correct sir, I do have the hyd cover off. I do not know how much play the lever is suppose to have. The PTO lever was stuck to the diff lever so when you moved either one the other would move also. Between using oil, moving the shaft back and forth and some prying got the pto lever to turn loose, but the diff lock still will not engage. Thought about it after I posted and remembered that I can jack one side up and try to engage when one wheel is off the ground and I should be able to engage if it is working properly. I know both tires will pull, have two nice little ditches in the front yard the wife has not noticed yet. But will check to see if the diff lock will work tomarrow with one tire up in the air. But if still not working how do I get the roll pin out that holds the fork? By the way where can I get a replacement fuse panel for this little tractor? all fuses appear to be blow and no lights work. It is a YM2000 also. When I finish determining the parts I need I was going to order parts manual, owners manual and all parts at the same time.

/ Diff fork #4  
By the way where can I get a replacement fuse panel for this little tractor? all fuses appear to be blow and no lights work. It is a YM2000 also. When I finish determining the parts I need I was going to order parts manual, owners manual and all parts at the same time.

Hoye has one. And on your Fuses I would just replace the blown Links with the old style glass link for now. Break the glass and remove the link.Thats what I did on my all orig. 2000. It's been 5yrs. and haven't had to replace one yet 15-20 amp.;) I believe you may have other more important things to address. For example the Volt Reg. and Alternator. That would be a must have is your charge system. I would make sure it's in working order and then worry about the lights. May need to upgrade the old Reg. to the new style Solid State. As for me Radiator Flush, Eng.oil,Hyd Oil. change would be my first concerns.

/ Diff fork #5  
Are the screws (that attach fuses) still on the fuse panel?

I installed fuseholders for glass fuses bridging where the original fuses belong. Photo.

I intended this as temporary but then out of sight, out of mind. They have worked flawless since 2003.

The right way to do it would be with the replacement fuse panel from Hoye.

/ Diff fork
I have already changed oil, and flushed radiator, hyd oil is coming after making sure diff lock is working and seeing whats going on with brakes. No need in filling up on hyd oil if i have to drain it again. Since a diesel does not need electricity to run will worry about charging system later

/ Diff fork #7  
You are correct. you will need to jack a tire up to engage the differential lock unless it just happens to be setting perfect. I doubt you find a problem there. If the lever pushes #60 all the way up against #51 then you should be good to go. The cogs must line up. Yanmar Tractor Parts: TRANSMISSION_INTERNAL

/ Diff fork
All of the screws for the fuse panel are there, not to worried about it being original, just trying to get everything fixed without costing me an arm and a leg