F16d maximum RPM

/ F16d maximum RPM #1  

reggis

My yanmar f16d has maximum engine rpm 2300? Is that normal or it should be higher?

/ F16d maximum RPM #2  
F16D-Fair90-0796-3.jpg

Well the N1 is probably about 6000 and the N2 at least 12000.

/ F16d maximum RPM #3  
Hi, i have a F18D and i think max RPM on this is around 2600, dont know if this helps? I think 540 PTO speed is around 2300-2400, if 540 PTO speed is higher than 2300, then i would of thought it should be higher?

/ F16d maximum RPM #4  
View attachment 295534

Well the N1 is probably about 6000 and the N2 at least 12000.

The F16D is a tractor, not a jet. Reggis, where are you getting the 2300 maximum speed? Red line on the tach? Manual? Won't run any faster? I agreee the 2300 sounds a little low so that is why I am asking.

/ F16d maximum RPM #5  
I have found a post here that states the PTO RPM of a YM1610D is given at the engine's rated speed, 2500 RPM. The F16 and 1610 share the same engine, the 3T75 series. I imagine that would be a safe setting for your machine.

If there is a tick mark on the tachometer in the 2300-2500 RPM range I would assume that is the PTO RPM. Maximum engine speed will be a bit higher than that.

If, as Winston asked, it will only run to 2300 RPM at maximum throttle, I would look into making sure the linkage is operating freely from the lever and its affiliated brackets to the governor before making any adjustments to components.

/ F16d maximum RPM
The engine is runing freely, no PTO and the all gears are off. Throttle is thight and its on maximum but I can't get more than 2300 rpm.

/ F16d maximum RPM #7  
What markings are on your tachometer? Is this tractor reconditioned? If so, it may have a different tachometer than it should, and the engine is actually running at a higher RPM than indicated.

If the engine has good power and seems to function fine otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

/ F16d maximum RPM #8  
What is the maximum reading on your tachometer? Just wanting to confirm the beast should run faster than 2300. I believe it should. When you put your throttle wide open can you then take your hand and at the injector pump move the arm causing the engine to accelerate? I don't have a clue how to make adjustments on your f series but I do feel there are some that can be made. If you aren't satisfied you might consider the f series repair manual

Might want to consider one of these to confirm your tach is correct. http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-photo-sensor-tachometer-66632.html

/ F16d maximum RPM #9  
I have had an inexpensive tach for years that works great for this. There's probably a used one on Ebay under $10.

search on : briggs and stratton 19200 tachometer. Or vibra tach. As you turn the dial on the face, the wire emerges and vibrates when it matches engine speed. Then read the scale. This is Old School technology - no battery, unharmed if dropped.

tach.jpg

(stock photo off Google Images)

/ F16d maximum RPM
Tachometer is original and the power of tractor I believe is good. But I cant check what you told me because tractor is not in reach for now until spring. Thank you for your help.