3-Point Hitch My 3 Point arms do not lift , Please advise

/ My 3 Point arms do not lift , Please advise #1  

chrivera

Tractor
F20D YANMAR
Hello Friends,

I Finally bouth my first Yanmar. It is a F20D.

la foto.JPG

I worked a lot during last weekend and it did the job very well...

BUT I started yesterday and it did not lift the 3 point arms :-( .

It has a hydraulic bottle in one arm controled by a joystick, this bottle is working OK, so I could think that the Hyd pump is working...

I measured the Hyd/Trans level and it was at the lower position, I am thinking to replace the Hyd/Trans oil to start...

Please I need some advise from anyone that had the same problem or some of the Forumエs Gurus...

Best Regards and thanks in advance...

Charles Rivera
Melipilla, Chile, South America.

/ My 3 Point arms do not lift , Please advise #2  
Quote "It has a hydraulic bottle in one arm controled by a joystick, this bottle is working OK, so I could think that the Hyd pump is working..."

What is that bottle for?

/ My 3 Point arms do not lift , Please advise #4  
You have 1 of the newer yanmars. Make sure your hyd filter/strainer (I say strainer because that is what my yanmar uses) is clean.When was the hyd oil replaced ? what type hyd oil has been used??.If you don't know what fluid has been used . I suggest you replace the hyd oil with the proper type & clean the screen/replace filter

/ My 3 Point arms do not lift , Please advise
Quote "It has a hydraulic bottle in one arm controled by a joystick, this bottle is working OK, so I could think that the Hyd pump is working..."

What is that bottle for?

It is a hydraulic cylinder connected to the right arm of the 3 Point...

/ My 3 Point arms do not lift , Please advise #6  
I believe Kenmac gave good advice. Notice the note connected to the strainer cover. Yanmar Tractor Parts: HYDRAULIC SCREEN COVER PLATE

You also have a screw on filter.

Have you followed your lift linkage to be assured it is all moving as it should?

You have 1 of the newer yanmars. Make sure your hyd filter/strainer (I say strainer because that is what my yanmar uses) is clean.When was the hyd oil replaced ? what type hyd oil has been used??.If you don't know what fluid has been used . I suggest you replace the hyd oil with the proper type & clean the screen/replace filter

Thanks Kenmac,

Yes F20D is 1 of the newer, 84 and UP.
I was inspecting and I found a Filter in the Hyd circuit , it says CAPA, CP-145VL-35. A question here : As I have Filter then I do not have strainer?

I just received my Tractor last weekend , so I do not know his maintenance history, I can not answer the question: when was the hyd filter replaced?, BUT today I hope I can buy the Hyd Filter and the Hyd/Trans OIL .
I do not know what fluid was used as weel, I coud realize it is a light red fluid. I am planning to buy it today also deciding between Mobil 499, Shell Donax td, or an ATF , if you have an advice it will be really good.

I apreciate your suggestion in order to replace the hyd oil and replace the Filter , I will go in this direction... Again Is it one or other, clear the screen OR replace the Filter?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

la foto(2).JPG
Thanks Kenmac,

Yes F20D is 1 of the newer, 84 and UP.
I was inspecting and I found a Filter in the Hyd circuit , it says CAPA, CP-145VL-35. A question here : As I have Filter then I do not have strainer?

I just received my Tractor last weekend , so I do not know his maintenance history, I can not answer the question: when was the hyd filter replaced?, BUT today I hope I can buy the Hyd Filter and the Hyd/Trans OIL .
I do not know what fluid was used as weel, I coud realize it is a light red fluid. I am planning to buy it today also deciding between Mobil 499, Shell Donax td, or an ATF , if you have an advice it will be really good.

I apreciate your suggestion in order to replace the hyd oil and replace the Filter , I will go in this direction... Again Is it one or other, clear the screen OR replace the Filter?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

/ My 3 Point arms do not lift , Please advise #9  
   / My 3 Point arms do not lift , Please advise #10  
If its red i bet its ATF or Automatic Transmission Fluid, which is fine in the newer apps like yours or even older ones. Many use it in cold weather to help it not be as sluggish. You would be fine to put atf back into it or use a "universal tractor transmission" fluid that is for a common sump. The specification that we look for is that it says; good for "JD303".