Yanmar 1500D - what's it worth?

/ Yanmar 1500D - what's it worth? #1  

krzbwags

Tractor
IH 3414/3120 Backhoe, John Deere 755, Cub Cadet 1650
If this isn't the right place for this please feel free to move it.

I bought a 1500D that is in poor condition to remove the loader from it for my John
Deere. Now I have this tractor that I considered trying to fix until I got orders to Seattle for this summer. My thoughts was to try to sell the tires and wheels and scrap the rest. I have no idea of its condition but it doesn't look good. It's best parts look to be a set of Bridge stone rice tire on the rear, loaded with washer fluid, and the three point arms. I've attached a few pictures of the tires. Anyone have any thoughts on this

IMG_20130104_131716_298.jpgIMG_20130104_131733_531.jpg

/ Yanmar 1500D - what's it worth? #2  
if it will run it would have some value, its 4wd, yes ? just a thought

/ Yanmar 1500D - what's it worth?
It is 4wd although the front left hub is busted and the front drive shaft is missing. I have no idea if it will run and don't have the time to mess with it. I need to finish mounting the loader to my john Deere and get the engine back into my cub 1650 before I move. I'm thinking about a craigslist ad for the wheels/tires and scrapping the rest.

/ Yanmar 1500D - what's it worth? #4  
It is 4wd although the front left hub is busted and the front drive shaft is missing. I have no idea if it will run and don't have the time to mess with it. I need to finish mounting the loader to my john Deere and get the engine back into my cub 1650 before I move. I'm thinking about a craigslist ad for the wheels/tires and scrapping the rest.

If I were you I would put the whole thing on CL and see what offers you get. Some of the parts on that tractor are hard to come by, I am sure someone will see value in it.

/ Yanmar 1500D - what's it worth? #5  
its worth more in parts than scrap. I would pay you scrap for it!! I mean someone who wants them will give you $200 for the rears im sure. The engine if runs is easy worth a grand, and the trans may be worth another grand to the right person, radiator will be $50, see where im going here. Scrap is
$10 a hundred, the tractor weighs 1500ish lbs with the tires off, so your looking at $150 no way I would sell it for that even if the engine is busted!!!!

If I had the time I would try to part it out, but since I don't I'll take johndeere3720's advice and put the whole thing on CL. If I put it up for $500 and someone makes anything near a reasonable offer it's gone. Thanks for the advice.

/ Yanmar 1500D - what's it worth? #7  
...CL. If I put it up for $500 and someone makes anything near a reasonable offer it's gone.
I think that's the right answer. I expect it will sell quick to to someone who needs one component, then that buyer will spend a year parting it out for a total of twice what he paid. Everybody wins.

/ Yanmar 1500D - what's it worth? #9  
I'll give ya 600 including delivery to NE Wa ... Im just north in BC ... but that might be asking alot ... I guess you must be in the Navy? Being posted in the Sound for the summer?; Seattles a great place to be in the summer (the winter Im still not used to all the rain ...). Im looking for amongst other things; front hood / plastic grill / interior rubber and screws on the front of a 18hp 180d that would be aboth the 1500 size; along with the front diff and maybe the stearing box ... etc. Im not in a huge hurry; maube you could get it loaded on a ship for fun :D.

Thanks for the replies. I sold it over the weekend to a guy who has an 1500d with a tore up front axle. After all was said and done I ended up with quite possibly the worlds cheapest front end loader.:thumbsup:

BCDave, I'm actually in the Coast Guard and since I started this thread my orders have been changed to Baltimore meaning I'm not moving after all, oh well I probably would have never gotten around to the yanmar any way