Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question #1  

frankmako

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 4610, Ford 3910 and YM1601D
The front lug tires on my 1601D are all most gone. Dry rot has killed them. Lugs are still like new, but the dry rot is getting bad. I have big cracks and just starting to have pieces of rubber coming off. Back tires are great, no rot or any other problems. I use this tractor to bush hog areas that I cannot get the bigger tractor into. I also use this tractor as my four wheeler on the farm. I have been looking for new lug front tires and also at the Hoye Tractor turf tire package. Has anyone put the turf tire package on a 1601D? What I need to know is the width of the rear of the tractor with the turf tires on. Also how well do the turf tires work in wet fields/muddy fields?

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question #2  
I just replaced my front 5-14s awhile back. Got them at Hoyes. Hoye sells a Chinese brand and Bridgestone brand. They say up front the Bridgestone is a better tire. I opted for the Bridgstone. Hope it is the last fronts I have to buy. If you go to Ebay and type in "5-14 tire" you will get another tire dealer in Mo. that sells the 5-14 Bridgstones with new tubes. Pretty competitive with his pricing also. I sort of yearned for the turf package but my budget told me no and unsure how they would work with farm implements.

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question #3  
I bet Hoye can give the dimensions of the tires and a person could extrapolate from there using wheel width and offset etc and get pretty close just thinking out loud?

Scotty Dive (one of several with turfs actually) a member here has turfs on his maybe he will chime in with traction report? My bet being it is 4wd is you will get along just fine but it will be limited as you know adding weight is always an option. We dont mow in the mud generally so as a mowing tractor it should be ideal jmho.

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question #4  
I have them....had to have them. I do not farm and the Ag tires will dig to China. 50% of the time or more I am running over a lawn. However I have a very steep hill - almost 40 degrees that leads to most of my land which is heavily wooded and a small pond. I need traction big time down there. So I went with the turfs and loaded my rear tires with Rim Guard. I also run all year long rear chains. They do not rip up the lawn but provide me more traction in the wet and rocky areas where I am dragging rocks and trees/firewood up my hill. Last spring I used a box blade to drag for dirt and I felt it worked well although the turf can clog with mud pretty easily but thats where the chains really help out. I was even thinking about adding chains to my front tires for special circumstances only

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question #5  
I use My Ym2000 in Dillard Ga. often. Mostly to BB. a road. It's easily a 45deg. slope. My Org. Ricer's work great but I believe I would have problems with a Turf Tire losing trac. in the Gravel. If it was me IMHO. a 4WD Lug Type would be the way to go. Hoye has a few Brand options to choose from. IMHO Thier EL.Cheapo Lug. would work just fine.;) Here my Rice Patty's Which have Extremely very little tread wear. If you look at Hoye's there nowere near as deep. But still will outlast the wear of a TurfTire.

Attachments

• Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 489
  • Tires.png
    Tires.png
    516.5 KB · Views: 402
   / Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question #6  
Yeah my Ricer's still look near new too! they seem to dig way too easy but it doesnt aid traction, it only busts up the surface you are driving on. i think standard R1? ag's would do the job better and not chop up the surface as much. i have a set of them on the front and they aid in steering really well in slop and clay and its only 2WD. one day when i am bored i am going to chop the tapered edge off them to see how much it improves traction. as for reverse, well anyone who has had ricers knows the answer to that :thumbdown:

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question #7  
Yeah my Ricer's still look near new too! they seem to dig way too easy but it doesnt aid traction, it only busts up the surface you are driving on.
Yep! thats why I haven't changed them out. They work great when I BB. and grade my gravel Rd. I used Crush & Run ;) But the 2000 is basicly my lawn mower I use to FM a few acres with. For me I'm all level ground and my soil is Hard Ga. Red Clay so the more I loosen up the better. No FEL. on it and probly won't have.

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question
found the ag r1 firestone tires local and the price was right. looks like i am going to stay with the ag tires.

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question #9  
found the ag r1 firestone tires local and the price was right. looks like i am going to stay with the ag tires.

I'm in N. GA too. Where did you find them and about what did you have to pay per tire?

/ Yanmar Turf Tire Package for YM1601D Question
i found them at summerville tire, 103 Oil Mill Rd, summerville, ga 30747, (706) 857-3406. they were reasonable priced. i have not gotten them yet. but the price was the lowest that i have found. so far my tires are still working, just dry rot. might get around to replacing them this summer. i have got other tractors tire and tubes from them for my two fords. they beat all other prices.