Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Default Yanmar verses Kubota

Thought this was interesting. Yanmar vs. kubota - YouTube

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

Default Re: Yanmar verses Kubota

Looks like they sure have thought out the controls and user convenience not surprising after owning an old one with all the handy well thought out features on them. The speed of the loader at idle is a big deal I can see where that would be nice.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Gold Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

I'm sure my Wifey would love all those features to. LOL

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar EX450

As an EX450 owner, I would love to watch this video. It comes up "not currently available". Who got upset, Yanmar or kubota?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

We own a BX2200 and BX2660 and the Cub/Yanmar sure has some nice features; not worth trading, but surely something to consider when buying new.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Eyecatcher View Post
    As an EX450 owner, I would love to watch this video. It comes up "not currently available". Who got upset, Yanmar or kubota?
    The main points of the Video was that the small Yanmar vs. the Kubota Bx series had a faster loader at all speeds, especially evident at idle, and the Yanmar has the ability to change the Hydrostat ranges on the move, while the Kubota Bx has to stop to change ranges. The third and final important point was that the Yanmar has position control on the 3pt which the Kubota Bx lacks. These are good points.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Quote Originally Posted by Eyecatcher View Post
    I just checked it and it comes up for me, maybe it was just temporary.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD

I don't have a Yanmar dealer anywhere nearby, and if there is, they aren't prominent. That would decide it for me. I do wish that kubota would pay attention to the small details like the position control and work lights, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, nor would the loader speed at idle- that is a non-issue. When do you do loader work at idle? And, a second or two difference at half throttle is sure splitting hairs; and I noticed that they didn't compare speed at full throttle. I would imagine that they must raise the same, or they would have shown that. So, loader speed is a non-issue, to me.
    Kubota also has a broader selection of tractors than Yanmar does.
    I believe in Yanmar as a quality tractor. But, I'm not sold on them as superior to Kubota.
    "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..." Romans 1:16
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
    94 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

While I haven't actually owned either model of these tractors being so called "compared ", I have owned both kubota and Yanmar of close to the same size and rating and were close to being able to do the same task with each, Though the Kubota was not suited for having a FEL the Yanmar does have the option,....
    I thought this Video was going to be a Yanmar / Kubota showdown , To me was not impressive to only compare the FEL speed and preset rear lifting height, actually the 3-pnt lifting height would not be a necessary feature for me, as I like to have the ability to pull the lever back lifting the implement all the way clear of the ground in one motion, as well as lowering all the way down, I never really find it necessary to need positioning anywhere in between, Besides most lifts can be stopped at any position anyway, To me these comparisons was nothing more than a cheaply produced advertising scheme, Surely Yanmar has more to represent in this tractor I'm sure they put them through extensive testing and have more to show for it, ... Show us some plowing, how it maneuvers, digging with the loader bucket or at least a full load of dirt in the buckets while lifting, Ya know! some real working conditions,...
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

I wish my loader worked that good I would be very happy. I dont like having to have the engine wound up all the time or having to throttle up and down especially dumping and reversing to get another load but thats me.
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast