update ym1500 battery

/ update ym1500 battery #1  

billymc

Silver Member
Tractor
yanmar ym1500 also massey ferguson 35 son
ok guys got a new battery 70ah 630cold crank . fitted it yesterday went to start it but it just turned over slowly . forgot to use decompressor held down decompressor fired it over till it started to turn fast fired up no prob. it is a bit cooler over here just now is that normal ? it seems like these two cyclinder 's have high compression?

/ update ym1500 battery #2  
do have high compression, and turn over slowly with good battery and cold engine compared to spinning with decomp pulled.

/ update ym1500 battery
yes it dose that but starts ok with decomp after spinning it up no trouble is that normal? thanks
do have high compression, and turn over slowly with good battery and cold engine compared to spinning with decomp pulled.

/ update ym1500 battery #4  
As I recall that is the recommended way to start it. I always do it that way with mine.

/ update ym1500 battery
yes that is the way im starting it was just wanting to make sure i was doing it right . thanks
As I recall that is the recommended way to start it. I always do it that way with mine.

/ update ym1500 battery #6  
sounds normal to me. if it starts and runs fine don't worry anymore

/ update ym1500 battery
yes it dose chelmsonfor. just been used with pre heating compact before that but getting in to the way of it now. thanks
sounds normal to me. if it starts and runs fine don't worry anymore