Hydralic fluid Drain plug on F17D

/ Hydralic fluid Drain plug on F17D #1  

piemma

Tractor
yanmar f17
I feel stupid as I have the manual for my tractor but I cannot locate the drain plug for the hydralic fluid. I have changed the filter but want to change the fluid. It had a Bulldog bucket loader on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Hydralic fluid Drain plug on F17D #2  
Re: Hydraulic fluid Drain plug on F17D

I am not familiar with the f17d but your drain plug will be somewhere under the transmission as that is where the fluid is stored. Notice #20 in this drawing. I would guess your plug will be in that same area. Yanmar Tractor Parts: TRANSMISSION_CASE You may also have a drain plug on the drop box (4 wheel drive shift gears). I believe you also have a suction screen that would need to be cleaned. They are in different locations on different models. Most are behind a 3 bolt flange but I don't have a clue just where yours is. Here is a sample picture of one located behind the suction line. Yanmar Tractor Parts: HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM Some are located on the opposite side and some of the back of the transmission. Here is a picture of yours. Not much help. Maybe someone that really knows something will chime in.

Last edited:
   / Hydralic fluid Drain plug on F17D

Thanks a bunch. This should help.

/ Hydralic fluid Drain plug on F17D #4  
   / Hydralic fluid Drain plug on F17D #5  

I have an F215 which has reduction gears at the outermost end of the axle next to the rear wheel and there is also a drain plug on each of the reduction gear covers (ie 3 drain plugs in total to drain all the hydraulic oil). On my tractor the drain plugs are easily identified because they are painted yellow.
The F series tractors have both an internal strainer screen which is located behind a plate with 3 bolts under the left hand footrest and an external canister filter which on my tractor is underneath the floor under the clutch pedal.