Tractor
    yanmar f17

Default Hydralic fluid Drain plug on F17D

I feel stupid as I have the manual for my tractor but I cannot locate the drain plug for the hydralic fluid. I have changed the filter but want to change the fluid. It had a Bulldog bucket loader on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Default Re: Hydraulic fluid Drain plug on F17D

I am not familiar with the f17d but your drain plug will be somewhere under the transmission as that is where the fluid is stored. Notice #20 in this drawing. I would guess your plug will be in that same area. Yanmar Tractor Parts: TRANSMISSION_CASE You may also have a drain plug on the drop box (4 wheel drive shift gears). I believe you also have a suction screen that would need to be cleaned. They are in different locations on different models. Most are behind a 3 bolt flange but I don't have a clue just where yours is. Here is a sample picture of one located behind the suction line. Yanmar Tractor Parts: HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM Some are located on the opposite side and some of the back of the transmission. Here is a picture of yours. Not much help. Maybe someone that really knows something will chime in.
    Last edited by winston1; 01-27-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Tractor
    yanmar f17

Thanks a bunch. This should help.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

When you locate your strainer let us know where it is so others can benefit. By the way, you mentioned hydraulic fluid but it should actually be hydraulic and transmission fluid similiar to this. Walmart Super Tech Super Tech Heavy Duty Tractor Hydraulic and Transmission Fluid : Questions, Answers, How To, FAQs, Tips, Advice, Answers, Buying Guide

Tractor
    Yanmar F215

I have an F215 which has reduction gears at the outermost end of the axle next to the rear wheel and there is also a drain plug on each of the reduction gear covers (ie 3 drain plugs in total to drain all the hydraulic oil). On my tractor the drain plugs are easily identified because they are painted yellow.
    The F series tractors have both an internal strainer screen which is located behind a plate with 3 bolts under the left hand footrest and an external canister filter which on my tractor is underneath the floor under the clutch pedal.