Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Default Re: YM2002D Tire size

R Barger, I have to ask if your ym2002d has power steering? And is your engine got a tag 3t80u-nap?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    YANMAR YM336D

It does not have power steering.I use the front loader all the time with no problems steering. I will check the engine model and let you know.

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

Did you ever find out which size tire your tractor is suppose to have on it? One thing I found out today about the effect of up sizing my tractors tires, I went to hook up my finish mower and was trimming down some high spots and happen to look back to see the mower had not cut close to the level as before, so I climed off the tractor, done a quick assessment and found that the finish mower was now about 2 inches higher than as before, This is at it's lowest level/bottom out of the hitch arms, While scratching my head over this a thought come to me, I realized it must had to do with the larger tires I'm now running, Nothing more I can do short of letting the air out of the tires or welding another bracket up higher on the mower to move the Cat pins higher, So! if anyone else has bright idea's as myself to go with larger tires beware of the trickle down effects, Your rotary cutters might not cut low enough anymore,
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by deepNdirt View Post
    Did you ever find out which size tire your tractor is suppose to have on it? One thing I found out today about the effect of up sizing my tractors tires, I went to hook up my finish mower and was trimming down some high spots and happen to look back to see the mower had not cut close to the level as before, so I climed off the tractor, done a quick assessment and found that the finish mower was now about 2 inches higher than as before, This is at it's lowest level/bottom out of the hitch arms, While scratching my head over this a thought come to me, I realized it must had to do with the larger tires I'm now running, Nothing more I can do short of letting the air out of the tires or welding another bracket up higher on the mower to move the Cat pins higher, So! if anyone else has bright idea's as myself to go with larger tires beware of the trickle down effects, Your rotary cutters might not cut low enough anymore,
    ummmmm??? how is this a finish mower rides on its own wheels as you pull it with your tractor?
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Do you have xtra holes in the lift arms. Mine wasn't going low enough and I connected the lift arms in the other holes.It now goes lower but not as high
    A Fredricks Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    ummmmm??? how is this a finish mower rides on its own wheels as you pull it with your tractor?
    Clemsonfor, Yes true it does ride on it's 4-wheels, but still apparently the arms are at it's lowest point, even if were to remove the wheels it would go no lower, Kinda like a Bush-hog cutter with no trailing wheel, come to think of it I remember when I was setting my tractor up for the bush-hog, at that time I was having issue's with it dropping too low and scalping the ground, But of course it had the smaller 8.3 tires on at the time, When I brought the issue here You guy's suggest that I tighten the bolt and spring clamp on the lowering lever so that I can accurately position the bush-hog,
    This worked for the most part, although the bush-hog would gradually drop lower again, I started looking around at the linkages under the seat and found what looked to be a device that was disconnected or either had fell apart, I hooked it back up and made a few adjustments and found that it had something to do with the floating feature, It has a key-way that a rod slides up/down through or positive a locking position, I set it at the lock position and it's been working fine since,.................
    I will see if I can set it back up to float and perhaps it will drop lower, I doubt it though,
    Kenmac & Winston1 , I think y'all might be onto something with the connecting links, I'll remove them from the arms and see if that'll allow them to drop lower, If so! then I'll need to either drill out another hole in the fixed link (if there's room), or get a longer fixed link, I'm sure the adjustable side link will let out enough,.... Thanks for your suggestions, and Again for those who thinking of using a larger size tire, You could possibly be having to adjust/modify or change the side links,
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post

I use 2 adjustable top arms 1 on each side,incase I need to tilt the box blade to 1 side or the other
    A Fredricks Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

Here's my Fm setup DND. Works great. The one on the left is all the way up. On the R. to Mow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YM2002D Tire size-001-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12