Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #31  
I need to just get working on mine all this talk has revitalized my ambition to have a loader that works. :laughing:

I have had the PB sleeve and plug since last year mid season and had it planned to do this winter anyway just had too many other projects so far. I will probably take some pics also.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #32  
3/8 in ID hose will handle 5 GPM.
Interactive Nomogram for Sizing Hydraulic Hoses
Grab the yellow dot and pull it to the 5 GPM mark, and you will see that the 3/8 in hose would be sufficient .

The 5 GPM mark is Imperial gallons. Multiply by 1.2 to convert to U.S. Gallons = 6 gallons

A 3/8" line is still adequate for the pressure lines. (Although personally, I would use a 1/2" line for the inlet to the valve.)

At the recommended maximum velocity for return lines the nomogram indicates about a 9/16ths ID hose.
However, since the pump on California's tractor puts out about 4.5 GPM, a 1/2 inch line for the return would probably be adequate.
Remember this is calculated from the maximum velocity for return lines.

Note: Yanmar had an optional pump available that put out about 5.8 GPM.

nomogram.gif

Last edited:
   / Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #33  
The 5 GPM mark is Imperial gallons. Multiply by 1.2 to convert to U.S. Gallons = 6 gallons
A 3/8" line is still adequate for the pressure lines. (Although personally, I would use a 1/2" line for the inlet to the pump.)
At the recommended maximum velocity for return lines the nomogram indicates about a 9/16ths ID hose.
However, since the pump on California's tractor puts out about 4.5 GPM, a 1/2 inch line for the return would probably be adequate.
Note: Yanmar had an optional pump available that put out about 5.8 GPM.
View attachment 300574

Incidentally, Yanmar employs a 22mm (19mm ID) steel hydraulic tubing return line on tractors (with John Deere tin) that put out 4.5 GPM.
19mm ID equates to .7467 inch, pretty darn close to 3/4".

So Kenmac's problem being solved when increasing his return line to 3/4" would seem to be consistent with Yanmar engineering.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #34  
Any description on the possible fitting and just what it does?

I guess you would have to purchase the part from the valve manufacture. Where the PB sleeve goes on my valve is under a large plug. Remove the plug and screw in another fitting ( PB sleeve).The PB sleeve has a hole drilled into it (I got mine from the valve manfacture) then, install a fitting to supply pressure to a down stream function. ie, 3 PT, grapple,logsplitter,valve, etc,.

here's a pic of a PB sleeve http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...JYTq8gSi7IGYBw&sqi=2&ved=0CEgQ9QEwCA&dur=8889 Not saying the 1 in this pic will work in your valve

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #35  
Thanks for your reply kenmac. May see if I can find any kind of contacts for Akon so maybe they can tell me just what I have. JJ, ghenges, can either of you confirm or guess that I have a pb opening?

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #36  
winston - did you try this site for your valve? AKON HIDROLIK

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #37  
winston - did you try this site for your valve? AKON HIDROLIK

I did look on that sight a little. Couldn't find my valve but did notice all the different ones I looked at all had 30bar backpressere which I think translates to about 430psi. Got to go right now but I may try emailing them for what it is worth. Thanks for your help.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?
... Hoye includes a part number HA-39 in their power steering kit that allows you to easily dump into the oil dipstick hole - See the Power steering instructioions here: http://www.hoyetractor.com/techhelp/PS-KIT-INSTRUCTIONS.pdf
I just got a reply from Hoye - that Dipstick Hole Return Fitting isn't available aside from the entire PS kit. :(

It looks like the only way to run Tank Return into the dipstick hole is to stack some standard hydraulic and plumbing fittings. (Plus a plug with a new longer dipstick). It's not under pressure so this isn't a critical component like the pressurized lines. Back to the drawing board.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #39  
You can only tell by looking.

If it has a 1/4 hex screw inside the valve port, it could be PB adaptable.

If there is a ridge for the PB sleeve to sit and block off the fluid, then it is PB adaptable.

It could also be a side tank port.

If it is the sleeve type fitting, you will have to get it from the manufacturer.

Can you open that port and show a pic of the inside?

P = pressure, is stamped on the IN port

T = tank port for the large hex plug. Probably optional tank port.

Sometimes you see PB, PBY, BY

Attachments

• PB hex screw.jpg
    PB hex screw.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 116
  • PB adapter.jpg
    PB adapter.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
   / Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?
My new LVT valve came with the PB outlet capped and a PB adapter like this packed separately. If this internal plug is installed, it appears to isolate the PB outlet circuit from the Tank outlet circuit inside the valve, routing each to its own opening.

178-hex-socket-pipe-plug.png

(stock photo)

Added - oops I see JJ already said that. :)