Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #41  
I just got a reply from Hoye - that Dipstick Hole Return Fitting isn't available aside from the entire PS kit. :(

It looks like the only way to run Tank Return into the dipstick hole is to stack some standard hydraulic and plumbing fittings. (Plus a plug with a new longer dipstick). It's not under pressure so this isn't a critical component like the pressurized lines. Back to the drawing board.

I wouldn't be able to make one, but a machine shop could turn you out one to the dimensions using your dip stick and Id of what you plan on doing???

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?
JJ - the only mention of Bailey-Chief loader valves I could find in google aside from the Bailey website is in an old TBN post where you included them in a list. Do you know anyone who has written about them or used them? Bailey's website doesn't show much description and I wonder if there is more information out there somewhere. Thanks!

... a machine shop could turn you out one [dipstick return fitting] to the dimensions using your dip stick and Id of what you plan on doing???
If i were doing this professionally for someone else I would probably do that. But for my own use - if I do this at all, it will likely be just common fittings stacked. Something like Adapter(s)/Nipple/Tee/Plug drilled for longer dipstick. Not elegant, merely functional.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #44  
for what it's worth here is a photo of the bib 2 spool control I'm using, there is one port been plug off, not sure what it would be for:cool:
also a pix of the way I currently have the dump line installed into the dipstick hole, after Looking at it again, the bottom part of thread adapter was nothing more than a steel plumbing bushing, it thread right in place with no problems, why could we not use a longer pipe say 2" this same size in diameter have it threaded on both ends, tap into the side of it to install the dump line, Leaving the top to adapt for the use of the dipstick,....

Attachments

• Img_0778.jpg
    Img_0778.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Img_0776.jpg
    Img_0776.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 322
   / Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #45  
The small pic that JJ posted is like the sleeve in my prince valve I used for my grapple. The larger pic is like the 1 in my loader valve.Looking at Winstons valve, you can't tell which lines he's using for what. Just a guess ,but it looks like he has 2 ports he could use for tank 1 on top & 1 on the side. The plug on the bottom maybe for PB or just another location he could have supplied pressure to the valve

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #46  
Tied up the rest of the afternoon and have to go to Dallas tomorrow so I will be checking more on the two ports when I can. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and suggestions.

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #47  
My new LVT valve came with the PB outlet capped and a PB adapter like this packed separately. If this internal plug is installed, it appears to isolate the PB outlet circuit from the Tank outlet circuit inside the valve, routing each to its own opening.

178-hex-socket-pipe-plug.png

(stock photo)

Added - oops I see JJ already said that. :)

From the LV Valve Manual
LVT.gif

/ Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve? #48  
California,
Does you tractor have a seperate relief before the directional valve? If NO that is the pressure stacking mentioned by another poster.

Brief explanation of what happens:
Most relief valves have there spring chamber connected to the tank port. By effectively blocking the tank line by using the 3PH the relief will NEVER open..
So you must have either a relief before the loader directional valve or a relief between the loader valve and the 3PH to make a system that protects all components from extreme pressures. This still does not eliminate the problem of potentially blowing seals on the loader valve but would significantly help reduce this problem.

California, Does you tractor have a separate relief before the directional valve?
It must be in there somewhere or Yanmar wouldn't recommend putting a loader valve in series ahead of the 3-point. Here's Yanmar's description for using the factory-installed 'divider block'. I copied this from YM240 Operation Manual.

231742d1317413878-loader-plumbing-ym240-opmanualdividerblock.jpg

And mine. It has run plumbed this way since new, 30+ years.

231624d1317338849-loader-plumbing-p1650635rym240dividerblock.jpg

Can anyone make sense of the relief circuit in this OEM shop poster? (copied from an ebay listing. Now I wish I had bought it.)

230623d1316706336-hydraulic-system-diagrams-ym240hydraulicposter.jpg

Yanmar Service Manual (Hydraulic Device) Model YM240 has additional information that doesn't appear in the Operation Manual.
"The control valve attached to Port A [Divider Block] should be a 'five ports and three actions' type. When this valve is used, make sure that the Tank port is connected directly to the reservoir."

And the following diagram.

YmHydManual-LoaderValve.JPG

Ok, great. I've never found anything explaining where to 'directly enter the reservoir'.

And a more direct answer to oldnslo's question whether there is a relief ahead of the 3-point control - I still don't know. Maybe somebody can interpret this system diagram. It just gives me a headache.
(Note we are talking about Outlet A, while B is unrelated).

YmHydManual-PipingDiagram.JPG

('Outlet A' in both diagrams is the Divider Block shown in the Operation Manual and my photo).

Last edited:
I like that! It didn't occur to me that the threads would be US Pipe size. That simplifies everything.

Checking the fluid level with a separate dipstick a few times a year would be no big deal.

Incidentally this picture and mine above also showing the shifter, illustrate that there is no place to drill a return into the top of the transmission on these models.