Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Default Re: Power Beyond vs Series for loader valve?

I had a long talk to dave @ Dave's tractor in red bluff cal. when I was having my problems. If I remember correctly, He told me that yanmar offered a T fitting that screwed into the oil fill .& the oil was returned there. If your tractor has worked fine the way it was plumbed, It may work just fine plumbed the same way provided, they( yanmar) didn't use some special loader valve set up for the was it was plumbed.
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
    I had a long talk to dave @ Dave's tractor in red bluff ...
    If your tractor has worked fine the way it was plumbed, It may work just fine plumbed the same way provided, they( yanmar) didn't use some special loader valve
    Dave is a great guy. He explained what I needed to know when I bought this YM240 in 2003. And I had the seller of my little Yanmar drop that one off at Dave's shop to take care of some minor stuff before I put it in service. Highly recommended.

I haven't found anyone who knows anything about these old AICO loader controls. Late-70's US Yanmars usually have them plus I've seen them mentioned on Fords so they must have been common back then.

FWIW - I tried a kludge to the old worn out control: I disconnected the curl lever and rotated the spool 180 degrees before reconnecting it. I think it leaked down less today when I moved a tree trunk.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM1500 Red & YM14 MkII

Quote Originally Posted by deepNdirt View Post
    Hey Neat, have you any pix of this adapter?
    No i dont but i will get some on the weekend for you. my hoses are only 1/4" and that maybe my problem as it seems to require some alot bigger according to that chart?
    Paul YM1500 & YM14 MkII

Tractor
    Yanmar YM1500 Red & YM14 MkII

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    I am attaching some pictures of my "Akon" loader valve on my vn Bulldog loader.:
    That is exactly the same one as mine. it has been great to date, without going out to check isnt the top one the tank return, 4 in the middle the cylinders, the lower single one the inlet AND mine has one on the very top which i can see is a plug on yours is the hose that goes to my 3 point which i imagine is my series connection or is it power beyond?
    Last edited by Neat 1500; 02-01-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    Paul YM1500 & YM14 MkII

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Quote Originally Posted by Neat 1500 View Post
    That is exactly the same one as mine. it has been great to date, without going out to check isnt the top one the tank return, 4 in the middle the cylinders, the lower single one the inlet AND mine has one on the very top which i can see is a plug on yours is the hose that goes to my 3 point which i imagine is my series connection or is it power beyond?
    .Just a guess from my end of this computer screen.....The 1 that is in series with your 3 pt is probably like mine was. it's an outlet to tank port.Probably don't have a PB. it probably has 4 hoses that feed the loader 2 outlet to tank ports giving an to use top or side. The plug on the bottom is probably going to be another option for pressure .
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

winston1 ,

You have a QD on the input to your FEL valve. That is OK as long as it is connected.

If the QD pops loose for any reason, you will have big trouble, especially if the tractor is running. It will blow the pump or hose or fitting.

Even if the tractor is off and the QD is not connected, as soon as you start the tractor, same thing, something will burst.

You can fix this by installing a relief valve before any valve or QD. Like this.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.as...name=hydraulic

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.as...name=hydraulic

You connect it in series and run the relief outlet to tank.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Quote Originally Posted by ghenges View Post
    The only reason to plumb in the power beyond is if you need to use the three point hitch simultaneous with loader operation.
    If using PB, the first valve in series has priority, and if using all the pump flow, 3pt will not operate, although if only using half lever, some of the fluid will flow to the 3pt.

For those of you not using FEL PB for the 3pt, the 3pt will see relief fluid output, cyl fluid output, or full pump flow through the OUT port of the FEL valve..
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    Farmall

Quote Originally Posted by J_J View Post
    winston1 ,

You have a QD on the input to your FEL valve. That is OK as long as it is connected.

If the QD pops loose for any reason, you will have big trouble, especially if the tractor is running. It will blow the pump or hose or fitting.
    The pump won't blow.

The special Woodruff key on the pump shaft will shear.
    Yanmar designed the mechanical pump connection to shear before destroying the pump or anything driving it.

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

Quote Originally Posted by ghenges View Post
    The pump won't blow.

The special Woodruff key on the pump shaft will shear.
    Yanmar designed the mechanical pump connection to shear before destroying the pump or anything driving it.
    Well this might be a 50% 50% chance of the key shearing, Mine was 50% not to shear, the pump on my YM split wide open,
    I'd rather eir on the side of caution then on the side of chance, especially at a $350 cost of a pump verses a 50.00 relief valve,
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

JJ makes a good point on the QD fitting, he noticed it because he is tuned in to stuff like that he is just trying to avoid Winston having a breakdown. Whether it is purposely designed in or not none of us wants a (senseless) breakdown on a gray market tractor its different than owning a JD or a Case or Ford we may not be able to find parts fwtw. And I have rarely seen a key sheer that didn't damage the shaft and gear or pulley somewhat. my .002
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast